Status
Not open for further replies.

swintonian

Is it just me but I sense a bit of an end to end slug out. No one going for a point as it's the cup, could be any score.
Looking at the strikers who are out tomorrow it could be one of those games. Will Chelsea be set up to expect Rashford, martial, Rooney but won't be expecting lingard, or young up top?
Could be like the league cup game a few years ago under Fergie 5-4???
Go for it reds.

So Fellaini up top? May the Lord have mercy on our soul.

Guess we will play a midfield trio of Herrera, Carrick and Pogba with Mkhitaryan and Mata either side of Fellaini. Not ideal but these things happen.

boothstownred

I know it has been a bit of hobby horse for me but it would have been nice to have been able to at least consider calling on somebody from the u23s.

Sideshow Bob

Team: De Gea, Valencia, Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Darmian, Herrera, Pogba, Young, Mkhitaryan, Rashford.

Subs: Romero, Bailly, Blind, Carrick, Fellaini, Lingard, Mata.

The rumoured team i've just seen could be a stroke of genius or an absolute mess.
I'm thinking the latter, I can see why we would try and match up the 3-5-2 but I have my doubts. Is it really the game to experiment? Also no idea why Young is in there, guessing more for his defensive duties. Park the bus anyone?

Seems Jones is kind of the floating man, stepping into midfield when we have possession and slotting into midfield when Chelsea attack.

Rashford looks lively.

Guess Herrera has got that stupidity in him, seems like every game I watch he gets booked. This is gonna be the epitome of backs to the wall now!

Guess Herrera has got that stupidity in him, seems like every game I watch he gets booked. This is gonna be the epitome of backs to the wall now!
He doesn't ever make terrible fouls but he's just a niggly player who gets stuck in and if he's late he always runs that risk of getting booked. He made several of those similar silly fouls so for me overall it was deserved.

I'm getting a little fed up though if this insistence of playing Pogba in a role where he's got to defend so much. I'm sorry but it's ridiculous. Look OK tonight now he needs to do that side of things but he was in that role from the start! It's not his best role so it hurts the team and him. And then he takes all the flak for it.

I agree about Pogba, I do think we got it wrong with selection tonight, I think having Carrick in there would have been just as effective as Jones. Obviously everything is said in hindsight but that's how I would have gone.

We don't look like scoring to be honest.
I guess we have to keep it at 1-0 until the final 10-15 minutes and then a good go by going to four at the back and putting on Mata.

Status
Not open for further replies.