FA Cup 2019/20: Tranmere vs Man Utd

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Bit short notice for the travelling fans but at least it's closer to home than a trip to Watford so the last minute transport was probably easier to arrange.

On paper a much easier tie but the Tranmere pitch is a farmers field they've had lots of games postponed due to waterlogging so I think Ole won't be risking to many players.

I guess we are going to see some rotation here players like Dalot and Bailly who are just back from injury surely need to start probably look to rest Maguire and AWB, in midfield I think they need to rest Matic and Fred and James also needs a rest.

Romero

Dalot Bailly Jones Shaw

Periera Garner

Lingard Gomes Chong

Greenwood

Not sure on the fitness of some of the U23 guys but Utd have got to heavily rotate in this game as we will need to play a few of the senior guys at City.

Wonder if we might see Fosu-Mensah in this one haven’t seen any squad leaks yet so who knows.

Tranmere 3rd from bottom league 1. Any guess on the score line?

Hard one to call they play on a cabbage patch of a pitch, utd likely to rotate and they’ve also had a midweek game.

I think we will win but not by much I’ll go 2-1.

I know nothing about them but if they’ve got someone who sticks in a decent dead ball we know we will have problem I reckon the under 8s could score from a corner against us at the moment.

The only consistent thing about us right now is our inconsistency so you just never know what you’re going to get.

I hope we see some kids get a game I think with our small squad going out of the cup isn’t the worst thing in the world but Ole and everyone could do without it being a giant killing he doesn’t need that on his CV.

Travelling squad according to MEN: De Gea, Romero, Grant; Wan-Bissaka, Dalot, Jones, Maguire, Lindelof, Bailly, Shaw; Matic, Fred, Pereira, Gomes, Lingard, Mata; Chong, James, Greenwood, Martial

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Why not give maguire a rest he to looks like he needs it and furthermore last thing we need is an injury to him

Hard to rest him when you’ve got no other fit centre backs not sure they’re willing to risk Bailly from the start on that pitch.

I think he might miss the league cup game in midweek.

3-5-2 again today interested to see how that midfield works.

Not sure Martial should be starting either but same problem there’s no one else to turn to as James needed a rest.

No Gomes on the bench

Hard to rest him when you’ve got no other fit centre backs not sure they’re willing to risk Bailly from the start on that pitch.

I think he might miss the league cup game in midweek.

3-5-2 again today interested to see how that midfield works.

Not sure Martial should be starting either but same problem there’s no one else to turn to as James needed a rest.

No Gomes on the bench
Just shows how thin our squad is & oh my God look at the state of that pitch my lads had an under 13 match this morning which would put that to shame

Yeah that pitch is a leveller won’t suit us as you’ll need to be direct on it no point trying to knock it around on that.

It’s a challenge though and Ole will find out a lot about his players today who takes the challenge head on and who uses it as an excuse. At Utd their can be no excuses

Do we not have a youngster we could play at CB? Jones? Jesus!

That pitch is a disgrace though. A local construction yard near me looks better.

3-0! Have to question the goal keeper, he left a lot of space on that side of the goal.

Looks like we survived that dreadful pitch think players were taking care on it.

Tranmere were quite poor you can’t stand off premier league players on the edge of the box.

Hopefully a confidence boost to a few players who needed one.

Shame Chong didn’t get the goal his performance deserved and was a shames we didn’t see a few more kids maybe see them midweek vs City but who knows.

Into the next round let’s see who we get all of the big boys still in it so could be a big one in the next round.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back