Sideshow Bob

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
V
200px-Wolverhampton_Wanderers.svg.png

Wednesday, 15th January 2019
FA Cup Third Round Replay
Old Trafford
19:45 GMT

Tricky one with Liverpool at the weekend does Ole rotate or does he go strong.

Reality is getting anything from Anfield feels impossible regardless of how fresh we are cup progress is probably more important.

I’d like to see Romero & Dalot Start, Matic I think needs to be rested which means Periera and Fred in midfield does that mean there’s a chance of someone like Garner starting in a 3 man midfield.

Romero

Dalot Lindelof Maguire Shaw

Periera Fred Garner

Lingard Greenwood James

Wonder if we might see Chong start again he played well in the first game and just got PL2 player of the month for December.

Reality is getting anything from Anfield feels impossible regardless of how fresh we are cup progress is probably more important.

I’d like to see Romero & Dalot Start, Matic I think needs to be rested which means Periera and Fred in midfield does that mean there’s a chance of someone like Garner starting in a 3 man midfield.

Romero

Dalot Lindelof Maguire Shaw

Periera Fred Garner

Lingard Greenwood James

Wonder if we might see Chong start again he played well in the first game and just got PL2 player of the month for December.
I wouldn’t argue with that team even though a result against Liverpool looks unlikely we have to make premier league a priority with only 5 points between us and Chelsea anything against Liverpool would be massive for us considering no one eles has even taken a point from them this season

A lot will on where the players are in terms of the fatigue if Maguire is playing through the pain with injections then I don't think he should play tomorrow and that goes for anyone who's playing through pain but we just don't know where everyone is.

You also have someone like Bailly who played for the U23 the other night is he ready to come back to first team action? Probably not yet but if he was close you could take the gamble of starting Jones and having Bailly on the bench so you can give Maguire the night off.

A lot will on where the players are in terms of the fatigue if Maguire is playing through the pain with injections then I don't think he should play tomorrow and that goes for anyone who's playing through pain but we just don't know where everyone is.

You also have someone like Bailly who played for the U23 the other night is he ready to come back to first team action? Probably not yet but if he was close you could take the gamble of starting Jones and having Bailly on the bench so you can give Maguire the night off.

would be better if we had a fresh back 4 for Liverpool but if we field too weak a team against wolves we will lose it’s a hard one!

I think for Anfield we're likely to change the formation and go in 3-4-1-2 like we did at home just sit deep and hope to try and break on them so I reckon he'll be looking to use AWB & Young (if he's staying) as his full backs in these games as they're the two best defenders so I think he'll want to rest them.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Really Rashford is the only player rested. So Ole making a statement that we want to go through.

This is, unfortunately, the reality. We are not ready to beat Liverpool. Maybe if all our first choice players were available, we should give it everything we got. It is Liverpool and sucks to ever give anything but blood and thunder, but this might be one of those times when we realize we just don't have it in the tank to get 'em.

Very hard to rotate with the injuries we have with 4 days rest between games think it’s the right team to pick.

Progress in the cup is as important as taking points at anfield.

We are looking pretty good so far. I'd like to see that James incident where the keeper brought him down again. I'm still not sure why sometimes the refs allow keepers to clean out a player and sometimes they don't. This time he nailed James with his arms, which should not be allowed, whereas legs should be. Should as in, correct interpretation of the laws. I think it was maybe too early in the game for the ref, that's the only reason he didn't give it.

We are looking pretty good so far. I'd like to see that James incident where the keeper brought him down again. I'm still not sure why sometimes the refs allow keepers to clean out a player and sometimes they don't. This time he nailed James with his arms, which should not be allowed, whereas legs should be. Should as in, correct interpretation of the laws. I think it was maybe too early in the game for the ref, that's the only reason he didn't give it.

Bit like corners keepers can punch you in the head as long as they get something on the ball.

Both legs we’ve had a slice of luck due to the new handball rule and VAR.

Fred was a very lucky boy there made a total mess of that pass.

Wolves really have got our number our 5th meeting in 18 months and we’ve yet to beat them real bogey team stuff.

Surprisingly open game so far

Both legs we’ve had a slice of luck due to the new handball rule and VAR.

Fred was a very lucky boy there made a total mess of that pass.

Wolves really have got our number our 5th meeting in 18 months and we’ve yet to beat them real bogey team stuff.

Surprisingly open game so far
Or you could look at it that they've been the better team in the previous 4 meetings and we've been lucky not to lose them. Same thing, really, but Wolves have been a pretty good team lately.

Or you could look at it that they've been the better team in the previous 4 meetings and we've been lucky not to lose them. Same thing, really, but Wolves have been a pretty good team lately.

100% every time we’ve played them they’ve been the better team they’re setup perfectly to play a team like us and they are so well drilled in the system under Nuno. Similar to Sheff Utd they know the game plan inside out and they stick to it but they have some real quality with the ball and some proper street smarts without it. Moutinho in midfield is a master of the tactical foul

These sort of games you need midfielders/forwards who can attack crosses because the space is out wide very hard to get anything through the middle unless you get a counter like we just did.

How’s Mata running away from anyone there!

Had a 10 yard head start on the half way line was gone by the time he got to the edge of the box.

All about the quality of the touches sets it up perfect just enough to tempt the keeper and just enough to catch it before the defender catches him.

Rashford down injured got to question why he’s even on the bench tonight.

Maybe just a twinge in his back, hopefully nothing more.

Overall scrappy game but good to get through. Mata’s finish was classy.

Job done great to finally get one over on them.

Wolves fan at work was saying Christmas has killed them they’d start strong then fade which is kind of how it went they’ve got a small squad and they’ve basically played the same team in nearly every game.

Hopefully the Rashford one isn’t serious a bruise rather than some sort of muscle injury.

Lovely goal by Mata wonder if we will see him used a lot more at home in the second half of the season as he can provide those moments of quality we are lacking.

Beautiful finish from Mata though when running at fill speed!

Big result that. Perhaps they can go on a cup run... If they get a decent draw until the later rounds.

Big result that. Perhaps they can go on a cup run... If they get a decent draw until the later rounds.

Could do with a few of the big boys knocking each other out last year we had a horror draw think it was Arsenal (A), Chelsea (A), Wolves (A).

Next round is Watford or Tranmere away so he'll be able to rotate a bit in those games just need to make sure we avoid the replay (I think the 4th round still has replays). Bit of a tough one for the fans as the replay in that game was called off so it won't be played until next week which means we find out our opponent 3 days before we play them.

I think with Europa League he'll look to rotate in the FA Cup.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back