FA Cup 2019/20: Derby County vs Manchester United

SuperRash

So weird to have the FA Cup being played on a weekday but here we have it. Our 5th round tie is this Thursday (5th March) at 7:45pm.

Let’s hope Rooney doesn’t come back to haunt us!

Guess there will be lots of changes, maybe something like:

Romero

Dalot - Bailly - Maguire - Williams

Fred - Matic

Greenwood - Lingard - James

Ighalo​

Yeah I think time for some wholesale changes here. If we go out we go out. Usually I’m a big one for going for the cup regardless but I think the Europa league is there for winning and our squad isn’t good enough depth wise to go on three fronts.

Romero

Dalot Bailly Jones Shaw

Periera Garner Pogba ;)

Lingard Ighalo Chong

not sure if this is for here or the Pogba thread, but how do you bring him back, knowing he's going in the summer, without upsetting what seems a settled team. I'm not sure we'll see him again. Maybe in the cup.

If Pogba is fit and willing to play he plays. It's as simple as that. With him in the team you stand a better chance of a cup win and a top 4 finish.

Also reports he's willing to stay and is looking forward to playing with Bruno.

The question will be which one sits deeper. I imagine with the current squad we'd play

Fred-Pogba

James Bruno Rashford

Martial

However you'd like to set it up in a 4-2-3-1 or in a 4-3-3. Basically the same with those personnel.

Matic Mctom and Fred have all done well recently. Not sure any deserve to be dropped for Paul Pogba. Who will probably leave.

As a Pogba superfan in the past, I just think he had to come out and address his agent being a pleb, him saying nothing while Raiola brings bad press to the club doesnt go down well and to me it shows that Paul isnt really arsed.

Im actually at the point where im bored of the guy now, he is too much drama when this club is trying to move forward, I actually forget about him now thats how bad its got.

I can see him playing for us again but not on thursday.

I'm the same, really like him but him and his agent have just annoyed me too much. I want him out and I wouldn't play him again. It will upset a player who is currently doing well.

He needs to earn his way back, maybe if someone gets injured.

Playing him would be a short term gain.

Gomes and Garner played for one of the youth sides last night so don't really expect to see them we might see Chong who seems to have been around the first team.

I can see plenty of rotation players who need games like Bailly, Jones, Dalot, Periera, Lingard, Mata, Ighalo will surely all start.

I'm not saying we try to go out but we have to protect our key starting players from injury so I wouldn't even have players like Maguire, AWB, Fred, Matic, Martial in the squad, I'd give them a night off. I don't like sacking off the FA Cup but sometimes it has to be done.

Surprised Fernandes is starting, thought he was a shoe in to be rested ahead of City. But yeah strong line up and should dispose of them you would think.

Ighalo is proving pretty handy to be honest. Also but for a wonder save by Pickford the other day he would have had three goals for us.

Overall pretty comfortable half. Think we will look to get a third early in the half and get Fernandes, Fred etc off for the weekend.

Quality was poor prior to the opening goal. Needed the goal. An early goal please then use the three subs.

Been at uni late and have missed the game, but have been checking the score! Hoping ighalo gets a hat trick! How have we played overall? Any standout performances?

Been at uni late and have missed the game, but have been checking the score! Hoping ighalo gets a hat trick! How have we played overall? Any standout performances?
Shaw was man of the match by a mile. I think having Williams in competition has really helped him because the last few months he has really stepped up a level. Thought Mata and Fred were the other two good ones on the night. Fernandes had a quiet one.

I thought Mata was quite poor to be honest I just see a shadow of the player he was which is a shame the decline in that guy has been sharp but understandable.

The running battle between McTominay and Sibley was quite fun to watch but really once the Utd team settled down the gap in quality became obvious.

Good to see Bailly get another 90 minutes under the belt looked comfortable didn't show any obvious signs of distress think he's going to put a lot of pressure on Lindelöf for that starting spot if he stays fit.

Thought Dalot was very bright one of his better games for Utd really pinning his opponent back on that side and created some good chances.

Nice to see Shaw/Lingard get a goal officially it will be a Lingard goal as he touched it last but really it was Shaw's goal it capped off a great performance by him he must be knocking on the door of the England squad again with his recent run of form.

Great for Ighalo to get a few more goals these are the games where we need him to perform that role.

Plenty of positives on to the next round another decent draw so hopefully a trip to Wembley to look forward to on the horizon.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back