200px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png
V
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Monday, 18th February 2019
FA Cup 5th Round

Stamford Bridge
19:30
GMT

I think with Lingard & Martial both out he needs to change the system as we can't just play the counter attack way anymore.

I think we need to be looking at 2 up top playing Lukaku and Rashford together and maybe looking at a diamond in midfield I'd be looking to put someone like Sanchez if fit right on top of Jorgino and have my 2 strikers really press the defence. The only issue with this plan is I think Chelsea are really weak at full back but unless we put Rashford wide we don't have anyone to exploit that so we might see Lukaku out wide on the right which means it'll be Pogba who needs to get up and press on Jorgino.

Reports are Chong & Gomes will travel with the squad Greenwood won't because of injury.

I think this will be a tough game Chelsea are wounded and Stamford Bridge is not a happy hunting ground for us even in times of trouble Chelsea have nearly always got the better of us there and we've always struggled to put the handcuffs on Hazard.

In terms of selection I think there will be some rotation because it's the FA Cup but not a lot who knows we might even get to see the mystery man Fred.

Romero

Dalot Smalling Lindelöf Shaw

Herrera Matic Pogba

Lukaku Sanchez Rashford

I’d go strongest available 11. Screw any rotation this is our only chance of a trophy. So Romero.

I’d go strongest available 11. Screw any rotation this is our only chance of a trophy. So Romero.

Think you have to play Romero it’s part of the deal if you want a good number 2 you have to play him in the cups.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a 3-5-2 here if we are to change the system without Lingard and Martial. Similar to England's set up at the World Cup.
Possibly De Gea/Romero; Bailly, Lindelof, Jones; Dalot, Herrera, Matic, Pogba, Shaw; Lukaku, Rashford.

If sticking with 3 in attack then Sanchez has to be right or central I think. Clearly not working for him playing from the left.

Hopefully see one or both of Chong and Gomes on the bench. I think one of these lads needs to replace Mata in the squad for next season and possibly this season.

It's going to be a tricky one to win. Not really a problem if we lose but the wolves will ve out for Ole if we do.

Read somewhere that Chelsea are going for a 5th win in a row against us in the FA Cup.

If anyone is gunning for Ole because of losses to PSG and Chelsea they can do one. The place is toxic if two losses means the crowd are on your back.

It’ll be Ole’s standard 4-3-3 I think with Lukaku from the right and Rashford central.

I don't think it will be any fans, it will be the press and the MoTD nobs

Just the way of the world now especially online on social media platforms it's impossible to just be doing ok you are either the messiah or a fraud and it swings from one game to the other.

Always said the time to judge Ole's credentials is at the end of March lets see where he is then and then make a call on where we go.

Stamford Bridge is an absolute grave yard for Utd teams has been for years think it's our least fruitful away ground in the last 15 years can probably count the number of away wins on 1 hand including cup and CL. Even in times of struggle at Chelsea they've always turned us over it's just one of those places where we struggle.

If we lose tonight that's ok as long as we compete it's the same on Sunday vs Liverpool a Utd team has to try and win and compete with the opponent under the previous regime we just cowered in the corner and took our beatings that was not acceptable.

I think it will be 4-3-3 he doesn't strike me as a back 3 kind of guy you do wonder if he'll try and man mark Hazard as that has been a tactic for us recently but really I'd like to see us go at Chelsea's weak spots which is the wide areas.

I don’t think Ole’s credentials should be based on the result tonight at all. All I ask for is to compete and actually look like we are a team who can beat these bigger sides. Obviously losing Lingard and Martial isn’t great but if we can beat Chelsea and hold our own against Liverpool and City in the next month then think Ole is the hot favourite.

100% for me. We don’t have many options to be honest. I fully expect a 4-3-3 with Sanchez, Lukaku and Rashford.

T
100% for me. We don’t have many options to be honest. I fully expect a 4-3-3 with Sanchez, Lukaku and Rashford.
That would be my front three, few guys saying to me today they think he will go with Mata, Rashford and Lukaku.

Do you think lukaku and rashford might play a sort of inside right and inside left position leaving Sanchez centrally to get around jorgino

I could see the logic in going for Mata because it’ll probably be a close game and his guile could unlock the door for us. However I really think this Chelsea team can be got at as shown by City, Bournemouth and a few others this season. Big question is who would the Chelsea left back rather play against? Mata or Lukaku? Lukaku has his flaws but against Arsenal in a similar game he was superb.

I think we could see Pogba play deeper today with Herrera pushing forward and stopping Jorginho because with this Sarri side you stop Jorginho you stop Chelsea. That’s the big shame with Lingard missing as would be perfect

Goalkeepers: De Gea, Romero, Grant
Defenders: Dalot, Young, Smalling, Shaw, Lindelof, Bailly
Midfielders: Matic, Pereira, McTominay, Fred, Pogba, Herrera
Attackers: Lukaku, Chong, Rashford, Sanchez, Mata

That’s the travelling squad. To be expected and the inclusion of Chong was muted by many.

Really hope Chong can find himself a place on the bench. Would give us an exciting pact option off the bench.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hmm Mata. Although have seen reports it’s going to be a diamond with Mata as number 10 and Rashford/Lukaku up top.

So our 100% Sanchez prediction went down the swanny pretty quickly.

Lukaku needs to find some form because this is the game when we really need him to step up!

Think that’s a guaranteed

Jokes on you :cool:

Not a fan of Mata starting feel we’ve seen the problems with him in these bigger games especially away from home what he can provide is quality from set pieces.

Herrera's been class tonight.. one end to the next.
Hope Sanchez gets a chance tonight, after watching that interview before he sounds just as frustrated with his performances as supporters

2-0! What a night so far!

Wonderful ball from Rashford and a splendid header from Pogba!

Herrera has been our best player so far. We should be able to punish these on the counter now.

My my my what a first half.

This to me is a huge week or so for Ole. Losing the first leg was a disappointing result against PSG but not completely unexpected.

Losing tonight with a tough league game against Liverpool and then the second leg in Paris could have led to a rough couple of weeks... But so far they've stepped up again.

Herrera has been our best player so far. We should be able to punish these on the counter now.
Yep that’s what I think and I reckon we need to get the third one nice and early to kill the game. If Chelsea get 1 then they will be right in it.

Take Matic off.

The one on Hazaed wasn’t a foul but one more and he’s gone.

I don’t even think we’ve been a great as the commentators are making out. Chelsea have been very poor and not really given us much to worry about. Don’t understand why he hasn’t thrown Giroud up top along with Higuain at 2-0 down

Herrera in the interview ‘world class players like Alexis we like how he fought’. Did he take a bang to the head during the game?

I think Herrera was trying to big up the players with bit parts, captains stuff!

At the end of the game he grabbed Alexis and was screaming in his face. Trying to give him some confidence I guess.

Great touch from him.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back