200px-Wolverhampton_Wanderers.svg.png
V
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Saturday, 16th March 2019
FA Cup Quarter Finals

Molineux
19:55
GMT

Be interesting to see if changes are made for this one you would assume that Romero will start in goal as normal in the FA Cup but will any of the fringe players who maybe need a game like the defenders get a start? I don't see the point really in changing to much go strong the only change I'd make is give Romero his start.

In terms of the rest of the squad Lingard and Herrera are back in training so could be back and Martial/Matic were back vs Arsenal so the bodies are starting to return so it's not looking that bad.

Rashford probably needs a rest but after this we have an international break before a very busy run of games so I'm not sure he will get one.

“We’re still getting players [back],” Ole told Stewart Gardner before Friday’s press conference. “They’ve been training better this week so Jesse [Lingard] and Ander [Herrera] have been training. Rom[elu Lukaku] has a sore foot so he will be assessed this morning [Friday] so let’s see if he can join in. Phil Jones is back so we’re looking stronger.”

Solskjaer went on: “Mason [Greenwood] has been ill, so he’s not trained this week. He might be training this morning so let’s see how he is.

“Sergio [Romero] been absolutely fantastic and he must have the world record for clean sheets in the percentage of games he’s played. He’s kept nine [clean sheets] in the last 11 games, or something like that, in the FA Cup so that’s fantastic.”

Tough opponents but we need to start taking shots, everything coming down the left and its not working

Poorest performance for us under Ole and we were rightly beaten. Might as well just give City the trophy now!

Martial and Pogba were really poor on the night and we just lacked intensity although Wolves are really tough to play against.

I turned up 10 mins late after dinner with the gf. Around the 60th minute I went to the toilet and come back and said ‘at least he’s bought Martial on hopefully he can provide some magic’ anonymous is the only word that can be used to describe his performance.

I like martial but I do think he is a bit of a flat track bully. There is a place for that in the team but we already have one in lukaku. I think in the last few weeks we have had a dose of reality. Ole has done a good job gettingthe spirit of the squad right but the positions that needed strengthening under Jose still need strengthening. Right back, right flank, at least one midfielder, centre back, striker, all needed for me.

Yeah we still need lots of tinkering with our squad, it is still short of quality in many areas. I know we have options up top but we lack a proper striker coming off the bench, someone like Hernandez or actually Solskjaer who can grab you a goal or two. I do think that’s one vital area we have to strengthen.

Overall it was a bad day at the office but everyone has them. We were very poor but the improvement under Ole has been startling, this performance shouldn’t detract from the improvements we’ve made.

I think we looked pretty shattered to be honest and we threw too many players in who were just coming back from injury, maybe should have given one of Herrera and Matic/Lingard and Martial a start - not all of them. That was a big mistake from the boss. Also, we badly missed Lukaku, like real bad.

It was a Mourinho type performance. The speed of play was slow and there was very little urgency.

Really disappointing result this especially off the back of the Arsenal loss too. But Ole now needs to pick the team back up and get them ready for after the international break. This is a really good chance for him actually to show he can lead this club for the medium to long term.

Team looks tired momentum had started to go in recent weeks just a shame they didn’t have one last push in them before the international break. Lots of injuries taking their toll on the squad the ones who came back looked rusty.

Few weeks off get some rest and regroup to go again.

Ole needs to show he can bring them out of this little slump

Wolves are a very hard team to play against they rarely give the opposition good chances they force you to take shots from bad areas and frustration builds then on the break they’re very direct and have quality to hurt you.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back