Sideshow Bob

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
V
200px-Reading_FC.svg.png

Saturday, 5th January 2019
FA Cup Third Round

Old Trafford

12:30 GMT

Have to assume it’s rotation time for the reds after a busy Xmas.

Romero

Dalot Jones Lindelof Darmian

Fred Fellaini lingard

Mata Lukaku Sanchez

Can’t change much a centre back given the limited options due to injury/suspension but think it’ll be all change elsewhere bench will hopefully be a mix of youth and experience.

Rumours a few weeks ago that Greenwood was likely to be on the bench for this one.

Going to be a few changes and I think maybe a couple of youngsters on the bench. Maybe even one or two in the starting line up.

Yeah, I don't think that team, he's already named a few youth players are going to get a game, can't remember which ones. I imagine Pereira will start too.

I would be very surprised if a youngster like Gomes or Chong doesn’t start. OGS seems like he rates them by adding them to squads, this is the perfect opportunity to start one.

So maybe:

De Gea

Dalot - Jones - Lindelof - Darmian

Fred - Fellaini - Pereira​

Chong - - - - Sanchez

Lukaku​

I don't think he'll start them he needs to make sure we get through as this squad probably needs a cup run I think he'll hope the first team squad players can get the game won after 60/70 minutes then allow him to bring one or two on.

the only one who might start is McTominay given he already has first team experience the club need to be careful with that kid he needs some protection as he became a bit of a target for fans during the Mourinho time not really his fault but they need to make sure he still feels he has a future.

OGS has confirmed Lukaku and Sanchez will start. Pogba is a doubt.

Man United squad : De Gea, Romero, Grant, Dalot, Darmian, Valencia, Shaw, Young, Jones, Lindelof, Fred, Gomes, Matic, Pereira, Herrera, McTominay, Pogba, Lingard, Fellaini, Mata, Rashford, Martial, Lukaku, Sanchez, Chong.

Answeres my McTominay question.

I’d forgot about Periera I reckon he will get a start.

Hope Chong gets his debut his performances in the U23 I think warrant it and he could be a solution to that problem on the right.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not sure if it’s Darmian & Jones as centre backs in a 4 feels more like it’s a 3-5-2

Can't see it really. That would mean mctomminay playing in the back 3 which we know doesn't work. Not a huge fan of mctomminay when he is in his correct position. To be fair he is entitled to a chance the same as everybody else.

Looks 4-3-3 McTominay playing his natural position as an attacking midfield player.

Hopefully the kids get on for a debut.

Totally forgot we had VAR now.

Fred scores it’s offside flag goes up goal disallowed VAR reviews Fred offside but Mata fouled as he plays the ball through Penalty given.

1-0 Mata scores pen.

VAR is weird because if Fred missed that chance and flag stayed down I don’t think VAR intervenes.

Pereira showing a lot of nice footwork. I have to say Reading have looked bright and I'm disappointed to not see more youngsters at least on the bench.

Think you could have more youngsters on the bench if you played more of the first XI but these lads all need a game.

Also, Dalot, McTominay & Periera are all in the starting XI plus 2 youngsters on the bench is hardly failing the club traditions.

Fred looking off the pace his passing needs to be quicker he sees it but to late as he wants an extra touch think it’s confidence just play it when you see it take the risk.

Team looks very disjointed doesn’t know if it should press or sit off but it’s a team that’s never played together so that’s understandable.

I always feel Mata is a player I like seeing in the team but no idea where he should play if he plays on the right of the front 3 we lack pace up top and width as he drifts to far inside but he doesn’t have the engine for the midfield 3.

Fair play... Lukaku may not have a long term future here but... He does score goals.

2-0!

Not the best but at least We are winning. I think it's a terrible midfield 3. All the front 3 are a little bit slower than the guys they have replaced. Some of these guys need game time but it is a disjointed line up.

Sanchez off injured looks like a hamstring injury Rashford on.

Shame for Garner as he won’t get on now.

Bit of a pick'n'mix team today, understandable being a cup game and resting players etc. But it doesnt fill me with confidence for Tottenham. Nice to see Chong come on but would like to see him start see if he can make an impact as he didn't really get into the game.
Hopefully they come back refreshed and raring to go after a week in Dubai.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back