FA Cup 19/20: Norwich vs Manchester United - 5:30pm

SuperRash

FA Cup time!

The line up could be anything in truth but I guess there will be some changes. I will try and have a guess:

Romero

Wan-Bissaka - Bailly - Maguire - Williams

Fred - McTominay

James - Pogba - Rashford

Ighalo​

Got to expect some rotation here but I think Norwich will go first XI as they know they’re down in the league so might as well chuck the lot in for the cup.

Romero

Dalot Bailly Maguire Williams

Fred McTominay

Greenwood Mata James

Ighalo

Can see him having most of the usual starters on the bench but he’ll want the guys who’ve hardly played since we came back to get some minutes.

Not a fan of that starting XI but hard to tell what he’s going to do

I am going for 0-3. Was tempted to go for 4 or 5 but i think at 3 Ole will switch to containment tactics and you may see a Gomes, a Chong, A Lingard or a Garner.
Ighalo first scorer for my scorecast

Is it 5 subs in the FA cup games as well?

Yeah if he’s got the 5 subs we might see him start a few more regulars might give Pogba another start to keep building up his match fitness.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Surprised that Williams hasn’t got a start but kind of expected that line up really hoped we wouldn’t see Lingard had enough of watching that guy.

Let’s hope he doesn’t regret that many changes

Not a great start going forward we look like strangers with all the changes we’ve lost the speed and movement up front. We know a lot of these boys aren’t really up to it but they need playing time.

Maybe the plan is these boys tire them out then the quicker lads come on to punish the heavy legs.

We don't look very good. I am hoping that Shaw playing today means Williams starts on Tuesday. Good to see Dalot getting to play. Ighalo has done well holding up the ball. Bailly has looked good too. I'd like to see Bailly + Lindelof play together. Not sold on Maguire or Fred. I honestly cannot see anything Fred has done this first half other than give the ball away. And Lingard (!) is playing. I forgot he was around. Mata is looking very rusty. I was hoping he would combine well with Bruno, but Mata just isn't sharp. And I love Mata so much, sad to say it's over for him.

Drinks break killed this guy both teams struggled to get back in the groove after the stoppage.

Really not a fan of the pointless stoppage I get it on the hotter days with early kick offs but feels unnecessary on days like today.

Williams not starting any of the 3 games says to me he’s on the naughty step think he got caught breaking lockdown so think Ole might have just reminded him of his responsibilities.

There are certain players that just aren't good enough. Mata, lingard , Dalot for me just aren't good enough. Strange decision to have what you would probably consider your best 3 goalscorers on the bench.

Nice of the BBC to give us a HT interview with City’s best player and 5 minutes on Liverpool winning the league.

Expect the regulars to be coming on after 60 minutes unless these lot find a way through.

Gone off the pace since we scored need up to up it again and close this out get the second goal and kill them off.

Lovely finish by Ighalo tricky ball to hit but he caught it sweet and keeper had no chance.

Good hit but no one near him.

Very poor from Utd let them back in this by not playing sensible and just keeping the ball.

DeGea would have saved that shot.
Also, who is the commentator on BeIN with Efan Ekoku? I love this guy. Doesn't yammer the whole game. Good commentary, keeps it to the game and not a bunch of useless stats. EDIT: it's Jonathan Pearce.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back