F1 2021

Bit of a dull race yesterday front 3 were miles clear of the field and over takes were pretty much impossible up front the only way the front positions were changing was pit stops or a crash.

Looked like a fun track though something a little bit different with that big banked corner not something you see much of anymore.

Verstappens behaviour after the race is why I hope he never wins a title.

Norris on pole. Sainz second. Russell 3rd. Hamilton 4th.

Perez 8th. Bottas 17th. Verstappen 20th.

This should be some race.

Missed qualifying what the hell happened?

Verstappen was new engine.

I didn't watch it either, I think I heard Hamilton hit something somewhere, don't know if it had an impact on his position

Everyone else switch to softs earlier than the Mercs. Hamilton them hit the pit wall when coming in and Bottas was behind him it cost them the time getting the soft tyres up to temperature.

Would have been a great result of only the rain held out another 10 mins.

Great race huge break for Max the rain coming in helped him gain a few places as he wasn’t looking good.

Such a shame for Norris think his team let him down not forcing him in to the pits it was clear the other teams all spotted that the rain was about to come in heavy.

Dull race today would have been interesting to see Hamilton try to get to the end on those tyres and avoid the pit stop.

From the way it panned out he should have been able to hold on for 3rd so he will think this was points dropped.

Maybe the angle we didn’t have showed he was turning in but it certainly looked like he ran him off the road. I mean if you’ve gone that wide yourself from the racing line you haven’t turned properly.

Fantastic from Hamilton you can tell Red Bull are bricking it over the speed that Mercedes have found.

Personally I think the no penalty was clear that the FIA are trying to influence the result of the championship

Good on Hamilton wonder if he'll keep it for the next race in Saudi Arabia not sure how they'd react to someone doing that on their turf.

I see the FIA have decided not to retrospectively punish Verstappen based on the new camera angle that clearly shows he didn't fully turn into the corner forcing Hamilton off the track in the last race to keep his position.

They've set a dangerous precedent with that one basically you can force your opponent off the road in those circumstances now if they are on the outside. He clearly didn't take his line through the corner as he would normally do to force Hamilton to run wide so he could hold on to first place.

Hard to imagine that had the stewards had that camera footage during the race that they wouldn't have given him a 5 second penalty for that. I guess you could argue that if he knew during the race he had that penalty would he have been able to race harder to make sure he kept Bottas at least 5 second behind him? Once Hamilton was past he knew he wasn't going to catch him and keep up so I imagine he eased off a bit to make sure he kept second.

Horrible break for Hamilton here race red flagged giving Max a free pit stop after Hamilton had already pitted Hamilton under the safety car.

Did Red Bull gamble that a red flag was inevitable due to damage to the wall?

Shocking from the FIA. Handing Max the title. If it was going to be a red flag it should have been immediate.

Dunno guess they needed to get the car out the way before they could assess the state of the wall as the red flag is the last resort.

I do think they need to review the rules under red flags teams shouldn’t be allowed to replace parts on the car including tyres unless they’re damaged.

Crazy scenes another red flag after less than 1 lap.

Max now dropped back to 3rd on the next restart.

Yep so many twists and turns glad the right guy won in the end Max knew he had to play dirty to win and he used every trick in the book.

Max should be banned from the next race. The stewards have confirmed he deliberately breaked in front of Lewis but they won't do anything about it.

10 second penalty and 2 penalty points for erratic driving they really don't want this title decided in the stewards room.

They need to have a look at the rules regarding DRS when you give the position back it was clever what Red Bull did when they finally gave the spot back only to take it straight back but it's not really on they should make sure that doesn't happen going forward no idea how you do it. Can they disable your DRS?

It's pretty clear that Max is willing to run Lewis and himself off the road to win that title and while Lewis isn't a saint what Max is doing is getting more and more dangerous.

12 penalty points is a race ban. They expire after a year though. It's basically nothing. The FIA have let him get away with an obviously dirty move.

12 penalty points is a race ban. They expire after a year though. It's basically nothing. The FIA have let him get away with an obviously dirty move.
And no doubt he's going to win the championship next weekend.

I thought it was 2 years that the points stayed on but yeah he's been given a very light punishment had he stayed out ahead of Hamilton or forced Hamilton to retire they wouldn't have given him the slap on the wrist. They clearly are just avoiding making a decision that needs to be made.

Has a driver ever actually missed a race for going over his penalty points limit?

It's great to have it going to the final race neck and neck but I think Lewis has every right to be annoyed at how things are going with the stewards by not acting they are encouraging Max to take more and more risks of injuring either himself or another driver.

Sounds like yesterday Red Bull tried to do the switch to quickly before Hamilton was told it was going to happen and I do think next season they should make it a rule that drivers cannot give a position back before the DRS zone as that was a farce in itself when he eventually gave the spot back he just shot past to reclaim it.

You can't say it's racing when you are running the other guy off the road all the time.

Ramming speed. I can see Max doing what many have done before him. Including Lewis, Schumacher, Prost, Senna, Vettal

When have Lewis or Vettel intentionally took a driver out?

didnt they take each other out? Not a massive F1 fan, but pretty sure they did, to win the title

although when I see one of the incidents in my head it's the prost senna one haha

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back