F1 2020

IDFD

Whilst there’s been no racing there’s been a hive of activity this week.

Vettel leaves Ferrari at the end of the season as they couldn’t agree a new contract.
Sainz signs for Ferrari. Leaving McClaren.
Ricciardo signs for McClaren leaving Renault.

Ricciardo and Norris will be a very entertaining partnership off the track!

jsp

Where do you think Vettel will go?

I guess the fans would love to see him at Mercedes fighting Hamilton with the same car.

Do you think we'll reach a point soon where they just say this season won't happen seems to be a good few months before people will be travelling around Europe/world again without quarantine periods.

I know the USA have said they're looking into special visas that would allow you to avoid quarantine if you pass a test.

IDFD

I think that's him done. Wrong time for a contract renewal when everyone is scrimping for money and he wont want to take less than star money. Don't strike me either as the sort of person who'll take a seat at a mid team again. Merc have Hamilton. Ferrari don't want him and I can't imagine Red Bull will want to partner him with Verstappen. Though i'd love to see him go there and get his ass kicked!

IDFD

I think whilst they can still complete 8 races they'll keep hopes of the season alive. Plus it would be horrible for Vettel to not have a goodbye race!

jsp

Yeah not the time to be out of work if you're a high earning sports star.

Sit out a year and see what happens I guess if Hamilton retires or moves then I'm sure Mercedes would love to have him

Lucky for him he's probably a very rich man already.

IDFD

Calendar released. At least an 8 race season which means a champion will be declared.

Back to back races in Austria. July 5rd and 12th
Hungary July 19th.
Back to back races in Britain. August 2nd & August 9th
Spain August 16th
Belgium August 30th
Italy Sept 6th

IDFD

Ridiculous. You race in the teams colours. Both Mercs will have to run a Black car then. As it’s against the sports regulations to run different liveried cars.

The motorsport itself is probably one of the most exclusive sports in the world though. Unless your born with cash in your pocket it’s very difficult to make it.

Edit: Just seen it is both Mercs not just Lewis. It’s an interesting idea. It is predominantly a white male sport.

jsp

Yeah Formula One is crazy exclusive basically have to be from a very rich family to even get a shot as you buy your seat unless you get lucky in the case of Hamilton.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now