F1 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
First race is on Sunday. Can Ferrari and Vettel challenge Hamilton?

I was up for FP2 this morning and even though I'm a big Hamilton fan unfortunately it looks like we had too much sandbagging from Merc in the winter and they will comfortably cruise to the title again. Hamilton was over half a second clear of anyone.

Hopefully Ferrari were holding back in P1 and P2 but it isn't something they usually do. Barring mechanical failure or a poor start Hamilton has the race win in the bag by the looks of it at the moment

Good start for Hamilton the actual best driver in F1. Going to be interesting though if Ferrari's pace is real as Vettel then becomes a major player.

Chinese Grand Prix - 9th April 2017

Qualifying top 10

1) Hamilton 2) Vettel 3) Bottas 4) Raikkonen 5) Ricciardo 6) Massa 7) Hulkenberg 8) Perez 9) Kvyat 10) Stroll

Change of podium places for Lewis and Vettel today.

Well done Lewis!

Grand Chalem for Lewis too I believe

Alonso has pulled out of the Monaco GP so that he can race at the Indy 500. Wow

Do you think McLaren will sack him for that?

He's racing under the name 'Mclaren-Honda Andretti'. Apparently the talks were initiated by them as a marketing ploy and a chance for them to give Alonso a reason to extend his contract which expires this season.

_95654648_bottas.png

Hamilton wins the Canadian Grand Prix. Force India handled the Ocon-Perez situation poorly.

Don't watch a lot of Formula 1 but really enjoyed that race.

Vettel very lucky to get away with the punishment he did I know what Hamilton did was a bit of a snide move but you can't bump him because you're annoyed about it.

Yep bet Lewis was laughing his head off when he heard about that puncture.

I was sitting on the sofa fairly hungover. The puncture woke me up was on my feet cheering!

I went down to the London Live event. Was fantastic fun.

I used to get loads of helicopters flying over where I live on race weekend but they stopped using the helipads near us a few years ago.

It's amazing that the modern car only needs to break 3 times in a lap around that track.

Guessing in a few years time it'll be a street race around London rather than a track race anyway.

Friend of mine works for Linklaters, the big law firm near the Barbican. They had Hamilton in to give a motivational speech. During his visit the reception had to be cleared, he insisted he didn't want to meet or talk to anybody (outside of his 'performance') and top quality champagne was a must.

My friend is an avid F1 fan and was looking forward to meeting a top driver, but he said Hamilton was an absolute prick. Seems like the Ego has landed.

He invited Billy 'whiz' to the track this weekend and spent a lot of time with him.

I think Hamilton has a lot of time for young children and people in need just not time for corporate events.

Billy is a young kid who lost both his legs in an F4 event recently. Massa Riciardo and many more of the F1 grid helped donatation for his relief fund get over the ÂŁ4m mark when the aim was ÂŁ750k. Lives 4 door down from my Mum so a story I follow quite closely. He said Hamilton gave him the weekend of his life.

It's always hard to tell who's making the demands it might be that he's doing 2 or 3 of these things in 1 day so they keep them focused and don't allow for fan time as he needs to be in and out. Is he really qualified to give a motivational speech to a law firm? Bet he didn't write it himself.

Also, we've not walked in his shoes yes he gets paid fortunes but as a result he lives a totally different life to us one with almost no privacy in public.

Inviting that kid to the Grand Prix was a really nice touch which you have to take at face value.

It could be when he's doing corporate gigs he puts up the walls but when he's doing more charitable stuff he gives up more of his time.

Hamilton has broken the all-time record for pole positions by taking the 69th of his career at the Italian Grand Prix.

Anyone see the start? Vettel starts on pole and takes himself Kimi and Verstapped out being over aggressive.

You'd think Hamilton has one hand on the title after the Japanese Grand Prix.

Thoughts on the American style grid entrance?

Michael Buffer done Boxing style introductions. It was amusing as a one off would be annoying more often!

It was very long and drawn out he basically introduced everyone boxing style who they are, who they drive for, how many podium/race wins, where they're from and their nicknames... love that Riccardo's nickname is the honey badger btw.

They then introduced the top 3 drivers individually it was all very OTT and seemed to go on forever.

My favourite was Kvyat being called the Torpedo. A name that Vettel gave him when he took him out (I think in Russia last year)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back