Not open for further replies.
lr8e.png
vs.
200pxmanchesterunitedfc.png

Saturday, 17 October 2015
Barclays Premier League
Goodison Park
15:00 BST

I'd like to see (assuming players are available): De Gea; Valencia, Jones, Smalling, Blind; Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Herrera; Mata, Martial, Rooney.

I'd go with Darmian at RB, not been great for us lately but think we have to play RB's at RB. Valencia done well last time out and seemed to do well for Ecuador the other night. Not sure we'll see 3 in midfield but hope we do see and i'd go with those 3. Would and wouldn't be surprised to see Memphis left out, personally think he's been in need of a rest since the Newcastle 0-0, has played an awful lot already this season for club and country, think he'd benefit from a game on the bench, we could actually do with someone like him on the bench, someone who could change the game against tired legs, the bench options v Arsenal were so uninspiring. Martial's performances on the left for France would point to him being a good replacement if it's a 4-3-3, Young otherwise.

Injury update for Everton v United - Official Manchester United Website

Louis van Gaal has provided an injury update on no fewer than seven Manchester United players ahead of Saturday's Barclays Premier League trip to Everton.

Wayne Rooney and Michael Carrick did not feature in either of England’s Euro 2016 qualifying matches against Estonia and Lithuania with slight injury problems, but van Gaal says both are fit to face Everton. Phil Jones is also available after registering 90 minutes for the Three Lions on Monday night.

"Wayne Rooney, I think he can play and Michael Carrick can play as well," van Gaal told MUTV. "I was very pleased with Jones. Yes, of course because he has already played for me two times for 15 or 20 minutes. Then he plays for the England team. When I want to select him I can select him for the line-up."

Bastian Schweinsteiger also suffered an injury in the warm-up for Germany’s match with Republic of Ireland and missed that 1-0 defeat, as well as the 1-1 draw with Georgia in Leipzig on Sunday, but the 31-year-old appears set to feature at Goodison Park after van Gaal did not list him as injured.

Paddy McNair endured mixed emotions during the international break as he helped Northern Ireland qualify for a first major tournament since the 1986 World Cup with a 3-1 win over Greece, before suffering a serious-looking injury during the 1-1 draw with Finland that secured top spot in Group F.

During his pre-match press conference at the Aon Training Complex, van Gaal also revealed Ashley Young suffered an injury in United's previous match against Arsenal and is therefore unavailable.

Meanwhile, Marcos Rojo and Ander Herrera stayed at the Aon Training Complex during the international break to continue their rehabilitation from injury, and both are available for selection this weekend. However, the manager says they are not yet ready to play 90 minutes.

"They were injured and they have a rehabilitation period behind their back and everything went well," the boss told MUTV. "They are also fit to play – maybe not 90 minutes but you never know."

Just realised game is at 3pm tomorrow, bit odd that this fixture isn't televised!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back