Everton vs Manchester United

Should Scholes play again?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst week ever for me, nothing has gone well. I'm actually not that surprised after the week i've had.

Shambolic defending. Totally unforgiveable. This is why imo we need CQ back asap to sort it out. Lacked discipline defensively since he left. Really angry. Admittedly the results against Fulham and Everton mean we're 2 points up on last season but we should have had a great 6 points rather than the mere 2 against these 2 sides.

I feel thats the main thing we've lost since CQ's departure (this is absolutely not a reaction on todays capitulation although today was one of the examples of whats gone on)...I still feel we do a lot of the basic defending well and still defend as a team well enough (in terms of cutting out counter attacks despite 1-0 today) but we look much more susceptible when teams pile on the pressure or we can just concede a goal out of nowhere (AC Milan away last season springs to mind). Today for example was criminal. We defended the 1st situation (on Arteta's goal) but there was absolutely no one picking up Arteta to allow him time to control and a free shot on goal. I feel we lack the detail in our defending that CQ brought to the table in his coaching. We had some stunning results under CQ away from home especially - numerous 1-0 wins at Anfield, went through 2 legs against Barca by not conceding a goal, 2-0 win away at Roma. I felt we had a bit of Mourinho-style about us in the way we defended under CQ and retained the exciting attacking football as well. I personally felt Bayern last season was a tie we'd have got through under him. We'd have settled for 1-1 away from home and cut out the last minute error and soaked the game up and when 3-0 up at home and even with 10 men I dont think there'd have been the clumsiness in our defending that then happened in that game. Clumsy sums up a lot of our defending quite well since his departure and I dont feel that is an over-reaction in any way.

i'm speechless, i was in utter shock at poor defending, how can 2 crosses ruin a game? we had 4 players going for a Centre back's balll and no1 to cover the penalty spot!
i really hope Fergie gives them the hairdryer, they deserve it!!
just seen the last 20 minutes of the game.. how did O'shea play in midfield and how was Gary Nev?

I agree Scholesy18, We need CQ back, defensive genius, not a Manager though.

CQ is a tactical genius, can't handle players i think... hope he comes back to United now that Portugal sacked him, Mike Phelan just doesn't cut it imo, might be a great coach but not Asst. manager..

Hard to explain this. What the Hell Happened today? Unbelievable.
The team started playing badly, AGAIN. Everton dominated the game in first 20, 25 minutes. From this moment, the team attacked more.

The second half the team played better. But the crash in the end is inexcusable. 2 goals in the last 2 minutes. We have won a UCL like that, but we can't not drop points like that.

Park in 10 minutes played better than O'shea in the whole match. Unfortunately it was a bad choice of Ferguson, imo.

On the other hand, i quite liked Berbatov today. handling, good passes, sometimes helped the defense, scored a nice goal, and Should Be scored another one. This could be his season and i hope so.

It's useless the attack working well if the defense fails as they failed in these early season games. Finally we are no longer so dependent on Rooney, but we need to defend as we did before.

I hope not to come here at the end of the season and say we didn't win the Premier League because of that game

I'm still surprised Fergie went for a 4-5-1 with Berba and also that he preferred to play O'Shea than give Gibson a chance..

how did he do, i dount he offered much attacking threat?
i hope Fergie wasn't saving Gibson up for midweek?!
speaks volumes on Gibson's fitness if he can't play 2 games in 4 days.

O'Shea is more defensive. There was nothing wrong with the setup of the team, we just switched off after 90 mins and that's something we rarely do, we always play to the final whistle. For 90 mins the defence was sound apart from Evra. Evans was blocking everything. Vida was a rock. Nev was using his experience. We switched off after 90 and we can't afford to keep doing that. Performance during the 90 was very good and patient. 90 mins+ we fecked ourselves up the arse. 2 points gained from last season's results so far, should really have been 6 points gaained though.

i think Midfield was poor in the last few mins, they were the on'e who are supposed to be in and around the penalty spot!

g@mb!t said:
CQ is a tactical genius, can't handle players i think... hope he comes back to United now that Portugal sacked him, Mike Phelan just doesn't cut it imo, might be a great coach but not Asst. manager..
That's not true.i cant understand the hatred of Phelan either. SAF has had him on the staff for many years now and promoted him after CQ's departure so thats good enough for me to know he makes a telling contribution.we kept 14 consecutive clean sheets without CQ and with Phelan..What up with that?

compared to CQ, i don't think Phelan is as good an asst. manager and i said he's a brilliant coach and i think the players also like him, but is he a guy who's good tactically?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back