Everton Discussion 2021/22

jsp

Top Poster Of Month

Surely this will go down like a lead balloon with Everton fans and isn't exactly going to do much for his standing with the red half of the city either.

Everton really are a joke got all this money behind them and no vision as to what they want to be.

It's the history though he's so heavily linked to your rivals having won a european cup with them.

He's a decent coach and the way he sets teams up might mean they've got a decent crack at winning a cup but can't see him making them much better in the league as he plays to cautious. I just think it won't take a lot for fans to turn on him and Rafa's a clever man he sniffs out a pound note so he'll cost them a bomb to get rid of.

This would wind all the scousers up, so please make it happen. Furthermore, please let him finally get one over on the red half in the derby.

I know it's the actions of a small minority but surely Rafa has to think I'll avoid this one now.

After drifting out of the running he did come back to the favourite for the job towards the back end of last week.

I don't think it'll stop him. As you said it's a minority of idiots and I wouldn't be taking a threat written on a bedsheet as very serious.

It's such a shame that a few vocal and visible morons give all football fans a bad name.

Also, I'm assuming it was Everton fans based on the way the article was written, which is even stupider as Benitez is probably the best manager they're gonna get, regardless of his previous with the red half. It's not like they're gonna protest if Klopp crossed Stanley Park.

I wouldn’t want Rafa as manager.

Plays dreadful football and spends way to much time battling with the board.

Neither would I, but then I don't support Everton. They finished 10th, having lost 13 matches. Don't think they can do much better.

Neither would I, but then I don't support Everton. They finished 10th, having lost 13 matches. Don't think they can do much better.

Not sure Rafa is going to do a whole lot better than that with this team.

That clubs just a bit of a mess the squads been built by 3 or 4 different people all with different ideas on how the game should be played.

It needs a proper vision and someone who'll be given the time to clear out the dregs and build something like Utd have done with Ole.

I actually think they should consider Duncan Ferguson if he wants the job.

That's what I mean. Everton aren't in any position to attract a top class manager that's better than Benitez. Don't think they view themselves as in need of a rebuild or they wouldn't have gone for Ancelotti, so if they're looking for somebody to try and improve what they have, Benitez is probably the best they can do.

For what it's worth, I don't have a very high opinion of Benitez, especially after the Madrid fiasco, it's just that I have an even lower opinion of Everton.

I think he did well at Newcastle, I think there are better options if you want to risk it, Howe, potter, Santo (spurs should be going for), hassenhuttl

Not sure Hassenhuttl will be leaving Bayern Munich for Everton!

ha, didn't know he'd gone there :)

I just did a quick google, it's not showing he's gone there. Looks like it might be Nagglesmann

ha, didn't know he'd gone there :)

I just did a quick google, it's not showing he's gone there. Looks like it might be Nagglesmann

My bad always get those two confused.

Nagglesman would probably get a bit more hype if he hadn't lost 9-0 twice in the last two seasons.

He's going to need a good start to get the fans onside.

There's a big squad there he surely needs to try and trim that squad down a bit.

I feel like the majority of fans have calmed down about this now, although the transfer business so far has been pretty underwhelming. Just want the season to get going now to see how we are compared to last year with someone who will actually coach the players.
Desperate for a right back, hopefully Dumfries but looks like we have no money!

Just feels like the first sign of trouble fans will turn on him quickly because of his history and the style he plays.

Oh I’ve no doubt about that. Can only hope he gets off to a flying start. Could do without another managerial change. Half of me thinks we have a capable squad and with the right coaching and tactics could be successful but the other half just thinks we will be the same old Everton as always.

Hard to really see how Everton move forward and break into that top group of clubs you've even got Leicester now who are consistently up in that top 6 or 7 clubs.

Not even sure we are going to keep up with West Ham, Villa and Leeds at this point!
Might be a case of being patient for the new stadium and what comes with it.

Wolves as well, plenty of clubs with decent money behind them now so if they buy smart they'll be competitive as these clubs can hold on to their top players now as they ask for high fees and can afford to pay their players good enough wages that they aren't desperate to jump.

I think West Ham will fall away next season can't see them being as good again they felt to me like a one off season rather than something that might be sustainable.

Everton to me need to think a bit more longer term with a plan changing manager every season or two can't be helping.

Yeah think we should perhaps be buying young and building a team for the future and selling for profits (taking risks like Leicester) but although we’ve done a little of that we seem to keep spending big wages on slightly older players then we can’t move them on when they’re no good. Think Moshiri thought he could just throw money at us and get instant success but we’ve just made bad decisions and now it’s crippling us.
Manager choices have been even worse than player recruitment.

Leicester had a bit of a unique selling point that got them an edge a few years back they spotted loads of talent in the French second tier that they were able to pick up cheap. These were lads who didn't quite make it through the French academies then dropped down to play first team football to an extent they did the same shopping around lower divisions in England. They really nailed their scouting over a few years and built up their team from the lower divisions. Everton can't really copy that model.

Other clubs have copied that now and the new work permit rules after Brexit probably make it harder to bring in young talent from foreign leagues as they won't have the necessary international caps to reach the threshold.

Managers will come and go in football now it feels like you need owners/execs who have that vision to build it up over a few years your owner doesn't seem to have that vision.

Good start for Rafa first time he’s won his first game in charge of a PL club.

Got a good reception off the fans he needs a good start to keep those fans onside

Kept pace with the early runners 3 wins and 1 draw from 4 matches will have helped him settle in with the crowd who seem to be right behind the team.

New signings seem to be making a good impression as well with Grey and Townsend amongst the goals.

Still wait to see what happens with James Rodriguez who didn't get a move before deadline day but may still be able to find a home elsewhere.

Really starting to turn at Everton now they've hit a bad run of results and are sliding down the table last 5 games lost 4 and drawn 1.

Calvert-Lewin has barely played this season and they really are missing his goals.

Was a lot of fury aimed at the players after the loss at Brentford yesterday.

Could have the strange situation on Wednesday where the away fans are cheering the home Manager and the home fans are boing him.

Director of Football Marcel Brands has left the club.

Club have backed Benitez but if they lose tonight they'll only be 5 points off the drop and they are currently on a run of 1 draw and 4 defeats.

They've had some real shockers in the transfer market since their takeover squad was just stacked full of expensive flops who ended up being essentially worthless on the resale market.

Big win for them last night needed a late comeback but they fully deserved it.

Arsenal looked really but still had two great chances to get a second goal Nketia missed an absolute sitter at 1-1 and Aubameyang had a great chance at 2-1 but pulled it wide.

Big controversy was how Godfrey stayed on the pitch for standing on Tomyasu's head.

Rafa sacked.

what a mess they are in they sacked their DoF to back Rafa, they sold Digne to back Rafa and now because of poor results they sack Rafa.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back