Europa League - Sevilla v Man Utd - Sunday 16th Aug 2020 Kick off 20.00

Rashford fecking useless as usual. Pogba dwells on the ball too long, he has been doing that for a few games
Yep very poor for a while now. Needs to buck up his ideas.

Anyone’s game this. Two very evenly matched teams.

They just don't have whatever IT is really... Semi finals in 3 comps this year, likely 3 defeats.

We don't have a game plan, a distinctive style of play.

The top teams will comfortably move the ball from keeper to attack, will get behind the centre backs, will vary their attacks.

A work in progress. We have most of the players; we need the coaching staff to have more of an influence.

They just don't have whatever IT is really... Semi finals in 3 comps this year, likely 3 defeats.
Nobody's interested in your shite! You are not a football fan, you do not support United, you do not watch the games, and you arrive here at the darkest point in our season to gloat and point score.
But, oh yea, your a moderator aren't you.

We didn’t exactly play bad but we needed to score in those first 15 minutes of the 2nd half when we hammering on their door. Shame we couldn’t go onto the final but ah well another few days rest before the new season.

Rashford should have been hooked before he did, he was absolutely awful. Would have bought Mata on far sooner, not that he did anything of note but Rashford had little of no effect.

Awful defending for the second goal from us. Also bad night to have Martial off colour in front of goal!

Front three discs problem. For all the accolades they have had, with the exception of Greenwood who probably isn't really ready, the others are a little bit fat track bully. If we were only going to give ighalo 3 minutes at the end then he shouldn't be at the club. We need a centre forward.

Front three discs problem. For all the accolades they have had, with the exception of Greenwood who probably isn't really ready, the others are a little bit fat track bully. If we were only going to give ighalo 3 minutes at the end then he shouldn't be at the club. We need a centre forward.
Fergie and Gill would have had aubamayang by now 100%

Nobody's interested in your shite! You are not a football fan, you do not support United, you do not watch the games, and you arrive here at the darkest point in our season to gloat and point score.
Shut it you Muppet.

Possibly. I am not convinced either martial or rashford are proper centre forwards. I have been really disappointed with rashford. No positivity from him and too many tricks and flicks that don't come off.

Rashford has been extremely poor since start back and probably should have been dropped. If judging Martial purely on this season then its a bit harsh to write him off as a CF solely on tonights performance.

I am not writing him off but I don't think he has really showed up in the big games. Another centre forward would give us better competition and better options

It's a lot to ask of a youngster to lead the line at this stage. I agree it's a tricky one, you certainly don't want to hinder his progress. I still think we need a centre forward though. I think getting harry kane is actually pie in the sjy but he would definitely improve our forward line. Consistent finisher that can lead the line. Don't believe that could happen so we would have to look elsewhere

Naw, you shut it. The mans not had a positive word to say about the club or the team for as long as I can remember!
Saying it as he sees it. He has that right.

Rashford seems to have bought into his hype; he needs to concentrate on the simple things.

Greenwood isn't a centre forward yet.

Pogba, Greenwood, Martial, Bruno, Rashford should be enough for us to compete in the final third. A right sided addition will help. They need a game plan though.

I think we lack a leader, a Keane type to gel the excellence we have together. Matic is too old, Fred too poor.

We need our full backs to be more dynamic. I'm sure ours can do it, given the right coaching.

The right coaching. That's what we need. As well as a midfield general and a right winger.

You seem to have bee in your bonnet about moderators but I don’t think you’ve ever been pulled up or any post removed. (Which we’ve both crossed the lines a few times.) The mods here aren’t here to censor you. Drop the hard done by act because someone is a mod. It doesn’t suit you. From my recollection no one has been warned or had post edited except for spammers since you started posting here. Rich isn’t a United fan he says at the moment it doesn’t stop him being a person with an opinion. I don’t believe you ever stop being a fan though just he has more pressing issues in life currently.

Though I do fully get that was a damn frustrating game to lose. We were easily the better side. Don’t take your frustration out on other members.

Winning the Europa League would have been the consolation prize. In Europe only the Champions League counts.
But 3 semi final defeats this season should be a concern...
Still, look on the bright side. Liverpool, and those ffp violators, can’t win the CL either. Maybe you do it again before City.
UEFA couldn’t kick them out of Europe, so it was left to Lyon.
Brilliant result...
...now come on Leipzig and knock out the other ffp cheats.

Back to the football. We had 6 or 7 good chances tonight. Martial missed 2 one on ones. This was nothing to do with not breaking a team down or having the correct style of play we broke them down time and time again. We just lacked the ability to finish the chances we created. Martial could have had a hatrick. We should have been out of sight when they got their second because of poor defending.

We had 19 attempts and scored once. This was on the quality of Rashford and Martial nothing else. They aren’t currently good enough to lead the line when it matters. Big games need big mentalities.

You cannot blame our full backs or our defensive midfielder for the number of missed chances. Our plan was clean as day our forwards execution, shocking.

You can't handle facts! The fact is United played in 3 semi finals and lost in all 3 this season. There's no gloating there just merely making the point.

For United to have played in 3 semi finals in one season is progress. But to have fallen short in all 3 is disappointing and shows that the team don't quite have that killer touch and edge.

Now stop going on about the fact that I don't support United. Its irrelevant. The fact I don't support United means I see things without bias.

But by all means carry on with this approach of digging me out. See where it gets you.

Thought we did enough to the win the game but don't take your chances you pay the price you have to score when on top in football and we didn't do that.

Think Ole deserves a bit of stick when Sevilla made changes he had to react our team was dead on it's feet after 70 minutes their goal involves 2 substitutes, I know we lack quality but fresh legs are necessary in these big games.

On the night obviously Rashford was disappointing. He took a big hit for the penalty I wonder if he ever really recovered from that he's always been happy to play through pain but when he does he's not the same player. I do think he should have been subbed after 70 minutes probably for Lingard.

As we all know improving the squad is vital before the new season starts we can't just keep flogging the XI starters every week through a whole season.

As for the defending two very poor goals to give away AWB sadly involved in both caught napping by the overlap on the first goal and not covering on the second goal but Lindelöf who up until that point was playing brilliantly totally went to sleep and lost De Jong. That cross cannot find an unmarked man that should never happen.

Finishing just hasn't been up to standard in the two knockout games we've had so many chances but only scored from penalties people can say keepers are making good saves but sometimes you have to look at your strikers and say are they really hitting the corners.

Disappointing getting to 3 semi's and not making one final but it shows there's still a way to go for this group to get back to the top.

Listening on the radio, Williams is not ready, seemed to make a fair few mistakes. Bissaka made a couple too. Pogba didn't show again, he is such a good player, but does he turn up enough? does he track back enough?

I think we need to forget about Sancho and maybe spread the money around, unless there is 200m to spend.

I also think we need a bit of a reality check, a lot of people wrote us off before the season began, at Christmas people wanted Ole sacked.

We finished 3rd and reached 3 semi's in his first full season.

Boy did well

Back to the football. We had 6 or 7 good chances tonight. Martial missed 2 one on ones. This was nothing to do with not breaking a team down or having the correct style of play we broke them down time and time again. We just lacked the ability to finish the chances we created. Martial could have had a hatrick. We should have been out of sight when they got their second because of poor defending.

We had 19 attempts and scored once. This was on the quality of Rashford and Martial nothing else. They aren’t currently good enough to lead the line when it matters. Big games need big mentalities.

You cannot blame our full backs or our defensive midfielder for the number of missed chances. Our plan was clean as day our forwards execution, shocking.

Can't deny we create chances. Last two games we've had 21 shots on target. Yes, we need more clinical finishing.

BUT, you need to be able to control games to become consistent and to win when it matters. Even if Martial had scored early in the second half I'm not convinced we would've won.

We put ourselves under too much pressure by losing the ball in our own half and the opposition always seem to have the time and space to make the good balls into our danger areas. Exciting as it may be, we can't build a team that looks to win 3-2 or 4-3 every game.

Listening on the radio, Williams is not ready, seemed to make a fair few mistakes. Bissaka made a couple too. Pogba didn't show again, he is such a good player, but does he turn up enough? does he track back enough?

I think we need to forget about Sancho and maybe spread the money around, unless there is 200m to spend.

I also think we need a bit of a reality check, a lot of people wrote us off before the season began, at Christmas people wanted Ole sacked.

We finished 3rd and reached 3 semi's in his first full season.

Boy did well

Honestly mate watch the game don't base your opinion on radio because last night Pogba was bossing the middle of the park.

Williams & AWB had it tough Sevilla bombed both full backs forward so they were left 2 vs 1 a lot and they did ok but Williams was very tired towards the end and should have been subbed.

I think if there's money for 1 player you still go and get Sancho we desperately need more quality in depth in that forward line. I think the midfield and defence are good enough to cope as they are again next season if we can raise some cash by selling a few fringe players then yeah getting in another 1 or 2 would help.

It's typical Ole like last season a huge low alongside a huge high there's not really been an average period we are either on a mind boggling winning run or can't buy a win like the start of the season.

Ole has done an ok job this season think he was left short at the start of the season and recovered after the signings were made he's clearing the decks slowly but Covid will have chucked a huge spanner in those plans as the squad still looks short of a real challenge.

Player Ratings:
DDG -6 nothing to do
AWB - 4
Lindelof - 5.5
Maguire - 6
Williams - 6
Pogba - 7
Fred - 6.5
Greenwood - 6.5
Bruno - 8
Rashfprd - 5
Martial - 6.5

Very disappointing night, we were the best team but Sevilla we're well drilled as we knew they would be and took their chances. Keeper had a decent showing too. The mistakes at the back show we need to a better CB.

AWB clearly needs some competition, he has been very poor for a good number of games since games re started.. I'd now be thinking of putting Brandon as the RB back up (he is streets ahead of AWB going forward) and buying a decent LB and having Shaw as back up. If Dalot isn't going to get a look in it's time to cash in and use the money here.

Ole clearly doesn't trust any of the bench by leaving it so late to make subs. I'm surprised Matic didn't start to be honest as well. Fred would have been a good choice to bring on later.

Ed, it's time to get your cheque book out!

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back