Sideshow Bob

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
V
155px-RC_Celta_de_Vigo_logo.svg.png

Thursday, 11th May 2017
Europa League Semi-Final Second Leg

Old Trafford
20:05 BST

Well we await news from yesterday but it doesn't appear that there's any fresh injuries to report the fact Carrick played the full game would suggest he'll be dropping down to the bench for this one and you would assume the more regular first team players will return along with Fellaini who isn't banned so is almost guaranteed to start.

Predicted Starting XI

Romero

Valencia Bailly Blind Darmian

Fellaini Herrera Pogba

Mkhitaryan Rashford Lingard

I think it will be something like that we don't have a lot of options, Mkhitaryan has been in good form in the Europa League so I guess he will start, Rashford you assume is nailed on as the CF then the other side could be anyone from Lingard, Mata, Rooney. I'd probably start Lingard as the other 2 maybe give you more options off the bench.

My prediction is a very nervy 1-0 win can see if being tight and Utd getting a late goal.

OK so... I don't want to be "that guy" and I don't want to be Mr Negative... But does anyone else have a bad feeling about this?

We played superbly last week away from home. We really should have come away with more than the 1 goal lead. But we didn't and that's what makes me nervous.

Celta are a good team, they showed last week that they will create good chances and they are very much alive in this tie. And with the way we have been playing at home and the problems we have had with being clinical it's got to be playing on most of our minds right?

I think we'll be okay we dominated the away leg they've lost their last 5 in all competitions and they looked a poor side in the first leg.

If we are focused on the task I think we will be ok, if we go out thinking we will win easy then we are in trouble.

An early goal would be huge in this one but we probably thought that vs Anderlecht.

Hopefully the players don't start dropping like flies, needs a big performance from Pogba again he has to dictate this game and create the chances hopefully this time our attackers take them. That feels like a broken record this season though.

@RichH2016 we only have to look at our last three performances/results to know that tomorrow night isn't likely to be straightforward.

I think the big danger is that we could sit back too much to defend our lead which will only invite pressure and encourage them.

I'd prefer if we went out with the attitude, "we need to score two" than thinking, "we need to keep a clean sheet".

I would be a lot more apprehensive if it was a draw from the first leg, but I think an early goal will be the best thing for us because it'll draw Celta out and they'll have to push on. Then we should have opportunities to pick them off and with Pogba back and Rashford in top form I'm pretty confident.

But this is United.... :confused:

Just drove past the Celta Viga team bus at the Marriott in Worskey.

United XI: Romero, Valencia, Darmian, Bailly, Blind, Herrera, Fellaini, Pogba, Lingard, Mkhitaryan, Rashford

subs : De Gea, Jones, Smalling, Carrick, Mata, Rooney, Martial

Leaked team news??

United XI: Romero, Valencia, Darmian, Bailly, Blind, Herrera, Fellaini, Pogba, Lingard, Mkhitaryan, Rashford

subs : De Gea, Jones, Smalling, Carrick, Mata, Rooney, Martial

Leaked team news??

Confirmed as the official team.

I think that's the right team selection, let's hope the front 3 have their shooting boots on tonight.

What a delicious ball by Rashford. The one man you want on the end of it is Fellaini. Get another one and kill the tie!

Delicious ball from rashford and an equally good finish from fellaini. Need one more to finish it and make it an easy night for us.

Blind is having a mare here, he has these games every now and again. Needs to get his head on.

Nice goal from Utd, delightful cross from Rashford and good header from Fellaini, keeper will be disappointed to be beaten by it.

Utd not at the races here though look slow in midfield.

Another goal should kill them off but feels like if they get 1 they could easily get 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back