Europa League last-16 draw

SuperRash

United vs Zlatan - I mean Milan.

Probably the worst draw we could have got but hey ho. Still very confident of beating them.

The English clubs would have been the worst draw.

It's not a great draw, mid range I'd say, we should beat them though.

Happy with that to be honest why not play the big boys I can't stand ties vs English sides in Europe.

Happy with that to be honest why not play the big boys I can't stand ties vs English sides in Europe.
Yeah I didn’t want an English side, although would have preferred Spurs or Arsenal. Milan have been in the wilderness a little a lot like us but there are signs they are turning it around so it will be a tough one.

Guess Shakhtar may have been a bugger so glad we avoided that one.

Yeah Milan have had a good season but think they've hit a bit of a wall recently few players who had great starts to the season are starting to feel the burn a bit.

Be good to see Zlatan back shame there's no fans there to welcome him.

Can Dalot play in this game? Do loan rules apply to European matches?

Yeah Milan have had a good season but think they've hit a bit of a wall recently few players who had great starts to the season are starting to feel the burn a bit.

Be good to see Zlatan back shame there's no fans there to welcome him.

Can Dalot play in this game? Do loan rules apply to European matches?
From what I read the other day, lets hope he does. Don't think it's been going well for him.

Ten European cups/Champions leagues between them...
...what are you both doing in the Europa League?
Facing off in this competition doesn’t justify too much excitement.
And it’s not a semi or final, is it?
Champions league would be different. Totally different.
Two clubs too big for this stage...

I don't think there's any illusion amongst either fan bases that we shouldn't be in this competition. But we are and as fans we may as well enjoy the tie whilst we are in it instead of moaning about what competition the tie is in.

Football fan in a 'game between United and Milan doesn't deserve any excitement around it' shocker. Do you actually like football? Will it be the same as being in a champions League semi? No. Will it be exciting to play one of footballs giants? Of course. Its a lot better than a game against Dinamo Zagreb none of us would have got up for.

No, l hate football...
And if you want to quote me, IDFD, l actually said...
...’doesn’t justify too much excitement’.
Accuracy would be welcome.
It’s a round of 16 tie, no supporters, Europa league.
Real looked to be heading to the Europa league this season. I can honestly say, had that happened, and we won it, l might break into a smile.
But all my thoughts would be on winning something more important next season.
If that makes me a bad football fan, so be it.
I just don’t care about coming second.
I don’t care about the Europa league.
Sorry...

I don’t care about the Europa league.
Sorry...
Then don't come on to the Europa League draw thread and be insistent on putting the club down? Use another thread. It just pointless antagonising nonsense from you.

I just don't get what your message adds to the discussion when your only point is to add negativity.

And it sounds a lot like you don't like football you just follow Madrid for the glory that comes with being a Madrid fan. The games themselves are meaningless.

You should have made it clear that you only want sugar-coated comments.
Talk about being wafer thin skinned...
I’m not putting United ‘down’. I told you how l would react if Real were in your situation. I wouldn’t be that excited. If you are, that’s fine.
It’s just my view of things.
Comments that you find disagreeable shouldn’t be enough to bring your world crashing down.
Yeah, l ‘follow Madrid for the glory’.
How many league titles have we won in the last 10 years???
Champions league saved us.
What kind of football are we playing under Zidane???
We can’t sodding score goals, and the football is yuck! Grinding and painful to watch. And his man-management sucks.
We will miss out on Mbappe and Haaland.
Our spending will be limited, Perez is now ultra cautious.
I bet United’s spending will dwarf ours over the next 5 years.
In the next few years any success will be domestic.
No, you put Madrid on a pedestal we hardly deserve.
‘Glory’ would be winning 3 titles back to back, with one CL thrown in.
If United had a Pep or Klopp, you would be a huge threat, home and abroad.
I’m not trying to antagonise...
...believe me, l adore my club but l haven’t been happy for a long time.
And we will probably finish 3rd this season.

We’d all rather be in the champions league and fighting to win that had we got out that group apart from City I don’t see a huge amount to fear but tough group did us so now we're in this so might as well go for it.

All football without fans is poop but it’s what we’ve got right now there’s a chance fans might be in for the final in Gdańsk so if we can get there would be great for some fans to get out there and see it.

You should have made it clear that you only want sugar-coated comments.
Talk about being wafer thin skinned...

Not sugar coated at all. I just think you're obviously on the wind up if coming on to the Europa League draw thread to just say we shouldn't be in it. We're fully aware of that but we're in it and now we'll discuss it and we got one of the more exciting draws.

Looks like Zlatan will miss the games picked up an injury and is out for a few weeks.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back