Sideshow Bob

220px-Ajax_Amsterdam.svg.png
V
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Wednesday, 24th May 2017
Europa League Final

Friends Arena
19:45 BST

So hard to tell what the team will be I think we know Romero, Valencia, Darmian, Herrera, Pogba, Rashford will all start but CB, CM and wide positions all up for grabs.

CB (2 of 3) ~ Smalling, Jones, Blind
CM ~ Carrick, Fellaini if he goes for a 3 or Rooney/Mata if he plays a number 10
Wingers (2 of 5) ~ Lingard, Mhiki, Martial, Rooney, Mata

My guess is

Romero

Valencia Jones Smalling Darmian

Herrera Carrick Pogba

Mhiki Rashford Lingard

Do you think he'd risk a CB pairing he's never used before in a final?

Annoyingly I think the fact that Smalling has played with both regularly means if he is fit he starts.

Team: Romero; Valencia, Smalling, Blind, Darmian; Herrera, Fellaini, Pogba; Mata, Mkhitaryan, Rashford.

Should be able to keep the ball but that's a very slow looking Utd side.

My guess is Fellaini as the number 10 in behind Rashford.

Surprised to see Mata start he looked very off the pace since he came back.

Struggling to care about the game after what happened just hope the team can go and do the people of Manchester proud.

Nervous here - big difference to the League Cup where I didn't really care - there's a lot riding on this game.

I've got the score down for 2-1... not sure which way though.

Think we need a fast start, I think this young Ajax side might be a little overawed at first so we must take advantage.

Nervous but confident. 3-1 United.

Well I'll say this now... If Romero makes a mistake that costs this team the final then Jose's job has to be under serious review.

Pogba has been so far every bit the player we've wanted him to be! He's been incredible.

Mkhitaryan though? He needs to come off. He's been booked and he's one of those players that relies on split seconds... Plus every time he's been on the ball he's given it away.

United look mostly untroubled bar the odd moment. Definitely need another goal though as Ajax players are bound to settle more into the game.

We are winning but this performance is awful. Think we are at about 30% possession and 60% pass completion. If the plan is to hit it long to Fellaini then let's employ Alardyce

We are winning but this performance is awful. Think we are at about 30% possession and 60% pass completion. If the plan is to hit it long to Fellaini then let's employ Alardyce
I'd say Jose has his tactics spot on actually. Nobody remembers how you won it years down the line. And that's coming from me who's big on playing good football.
Right I called out Mkhitaryan and he scored. Who next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back