Europa League Final 2020/21 Man Utd vs Villarreal

jsp

So looks like Maguire will be out didn’t complete the open training session today.

Predicted XI

DDG

AWB Lindelof Bailly Shaw

Fred McTominay

Rashford Bruno Pogba

Cavani

I think he keeps Greenwood as the ace up the sleeve on the bench although if it was my call I’d start him ahead of Rashford.

I hope we don't start like that, I thinks it's obvious we will. But i'd rather Rashford out left, and Pogba right. Or even better, Greenwood right, Pogba in for fred

It’s a big call but I would start Greenwood over Rashford. On form it’s a no brainer and for balance it’s so much better.

Expect a cagey affair but I think we’ll prevail comfortably in the end.

On paper it should be a comfortable win but we are not in the best of form coming in but you hope there’s enough big game experience to get us over the line.

Needs the big names to step up and deliver on the night.

Finals are about results not performances and tomorrow all that matters is bringing that trophy home.

On paper it should be a comfortable win but we are not in the best of form coming in but you hope there’s enough big game experience to get us over the line.

Finals are about results not performances and tomorrow all that matters is bringing that trophy home.
I don't agree with that. What's your reasoning?

Villarreal finished 7th in La Liga with 15 wins from 38 games. We are definitely favourites on paper.

weird question, doubt anyone can help.

BT are showing the game on their app and youtube for free. I can't download the app here. I probably could watch the youtube feed on my phone using my VPN.

I can get youtube on my TV, but I can't get that to work via a VPN. When I hotspot my phone using a VPN the TV seems to know.

So the question is: does anyone know if they will block their youtube feed outside the UK because of licensing rights. Is it possible for them to do that like the BBC do with their radio coverage.

Dont think we're playing on paper?

I don't agree with that. What's your reasoning?

Just look at the quality of players we have compared to them plus the fact they've had a pretty average season in a pretty average league this season.

I don't think it's going to be a walk in the park as some suggest. It's a final, they've got their regardless of their league form, maybe they are a cup team.
We should win, but I won't take it for granted, especially if we start with McFred and Rashford on the right.

Last game, Fulham were already relegated

What's that got to do with United Vs Wolves ;)

At the end of the day on paper we are the favourites. It's not going to be a walk in the park of course not but we should be beating this lot. As far as the league tables show it's the second best team in England Vs the seventh best team in Spain. Of course on paper we are favourites. But the game isn't played on paper and we've still got to go out there and win it.

3-1. My predictions. 1-0 down after 20 mins. But it's a game of two halves.

How many clichés we already got going in this thread though. Haha.

To be clear I don't think it will be a walk in the park far from it but if you look at the quality of the team we can put out it should be.

If our guys turn up and perform at their best it should be nearly impossible to lose that game but we all know with a lot of our players you can't guarantee the performance to be there.

I have got one eye on Ole here, as you say, we should beat them, so lets not start with McFred and Rashford on the right. Lets put our best players in their best positions. And lets leave Fred on the bench.

I think it's almost guaranteed that McFred start tonight unfortunately.

Based on current form it's a coin toss between Fred and McTominay neither is playing well McTominay's early season form has certainly dropped off over the last few months.

How many games since Xmas has Pogba started in central midfield?

It can't be many it would be a bold move to make that change back in a final so it's almost nailed on that McFred start the final together especially when he's already forced to make changes in defence.

If it was down to me I'd bench Rashford and start Greenwood but I think the concern with bringing Rashford on in games is you don't know how long he will last so you're almost better starting him then bringing him off.

McTominay and Fred are absolutely nailed on to both start. If Maguire was playing then there would be a small chance Ole may go for Pogba in the centre but no chance now.

I also think they will start, but I hope they don't, which is why I said I had one eye on Ole.

If he goes weak and defensive against this side then I think we could lose. I want to see us put out an attacking side and go for them.

So excited wont watch as dont have bt sport but will watch bbc homepage.
can see a close,cagey game but really hope we open the taps and go for it.
some of our attacking play this season has been first class,just hope they dont let the nerves get the better.
come on utd

So excited wont watch as dont have bt sport but will watch bbc homepage.
can see a close,cagey game but really hope we open the taps and go for it.
some of our attacking play this season has been first class,just hope they dont let the nerves get the better.
come on utd
it's free to watch on BT Sport, BT Sport app and BT Sport youtube channel

I also think they will start, but I hope they don't, which is why I said I had one eye on Ole.

If he goes weak and defensive against this side then I think we could lose. I want to see us put out an attacking side and go for them.

I think you've just got to go with the team that got you this far making a change now I think would be a very risky thing to do.

I always think in a final you want to think safety first don't make the game harder than it needs to be it's pretty clear he doesn't trust Pogba in that midfield 2 as he's not put him there from the start since the early part of the season.

As long as he wins and brings home the trophy no one will remember what team he picked or how we played all that matters is winning and Ole knows that.

Villarreal are no mugs. They outplayed a Madrid side that knew Atletico were losing and a win would secure them the league, only losing in the end when it didn't matter anymore. Our record vs Spanish sides has been crap, until this season and we've played 4 terrible 0-0 draws vs this lot. We should beat them in theory, just as we should've beaten Sevilla last year and we all know how that went.

I think this is going to be a horror show one way or another, kinda like the first half against Roma in the first leg, or the second half in the second leg, but hopefully we do enough to get through.

We've been in terrible form lately, but this side does seem to pick and choose when it wants to show up and when it couldn't be bothered. Hopefully they've been coasting until today and are ready to turn it on. Plus we're not at OT, so there's that.

Villarreal are no mugs. They outplayed a Madrid side that knew Atletico were losing and a win would secure them the league, only losing in the end when it didn't matter anymore. Our record vs Spanish sides has been crap, until this season and we've played 4 terrible 0-0 draws vs this lot. We should beat them in theory, just as we should've beaten Sevilla last year and we all know how that went.

I think this is going to be a horror show one way or another, kinda like the first half against Roma in the first leg, or the second half in the second leg, but hopefully we do enough to get through.

We've been in terrible form lately, but this side does seem to pick and choose when it wants to show up and when it couldn't be bothered. Hopefully they've been coasting until today and are ready to turn it on. Plus we're not at OT, so there's that.
Confident then? :cool:

Confident then? :cool:
Not in the slightest. LOL I really feel like this is a massive massive game for our future, and much larger than just a cup final. Ole needs a trophy to justify the progress we've made under him, we need a trophy to justify being the second best side in England and the work we've done this season and winning a European trophy always gives us that extra bit of cache when trying to sign players. Win, and I feel like it should springboard us on to bigger and better things, much more than when Jose won it. Lose and the lustre has completely come off this season, and I'm not sure I trust this squad to get it done.

Not confident and nervous af.

I think we will win, but it will be close. 2-1 us. If we just play our normal game, we win. I'm worried about a red card/penalty calamity from Bailly or a master class in how not to defend high balls from Lindelof. Let's end the season on a high note!

EDIT: I have reconsidered. Villarreal is going to be way more nervous than we are, especially since they will know that to score first against us is the kiss of death. I think we will SMASH them. I am now predicting 4-0.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back