Sideshow Bob

155px-RC_Celta_de_Vigo_logo.svg.png
V
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Thursday, 4th May 2017
Europa League Semi-Final First Leg

Estadio de Balaidos
20:05 BST

Games looking even tough now with injuries my guess is he might have to play a back 3

Romero

Darmian Carrick Blind

Valencia Fellaini Herrera Pogba Young

Rashford Martial

If Pogba isn't fit maybe go for 3 up top either chuck in Rooney or Lingard.

So they've got an ex Liverpool striker (Aspas) and an ex City striker (Guidetti) up top.

That's us screwed then laws of football suggest that these guys will both score.

Smalling, Jones, Bailly and Pogba all back in training for the game. What a relief. Guessing Bailly and Pogba will start and perhaps one of Smalling or Jones on the bench?

It's nice to have some defenders coming back. Thought it'd be the tea lady and Mourinho in the centre of defence at one stage!

Team: Romero, Valencia, Bailly, Blind, Darmian, Herrera, Fellaini, Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Rashford, Lingard.
Subs: De Gea, Smalling, Young, Carrick, Mata, Martial, Rooney.

I understand Romero has played the other Europa games but since this has become our most important game of the season and we're almost relying on it to get back into the Champions League... shouldn't we field our strongest possible lineup?

Romero has been pretty good this season whenever he played. Also we will have to rely more on Romero as DeGea has begun his annual fluttering his eyes at Real Madrid.

I agree Romero has been pretty good but not many would say he's De Gea level and if we want to give ourselves the best chance...

Oh well, no point complaining I suppose. I just hope it doesn't come back to bite us.

For me it's a European semi final start DDG

It's always a tough call if they wanted to switch then Romero should've done league games and DDG does European games from 1/4 final onwards.

I don't think Romero has done anything to deserve being dropped and not sure it would go down well in the dressing room if he was dropped.

The story of our season in the first half; missed chance after missed chance. Pogba has been class.

Would you just put it in the goal.

3 great chances that a quality side would probably have taken at least 2 of.

Pogba having a great game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back