Sideshow Bob

240px-RSC_Anderlecht_logo.png
V
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Thursday, 13th April 2017
Europa League Quarter-Final 1st Leg

Constant Vanden Stock Stadium
20:05 BST

Romero | Valencia, Bailly, Rojo, Shaw | Carrick, Pogba, Herrera | Mkhitaryan, Ibra, Martial.

Think that'll be the line up and to be honest I think it's the strongest (minus De Gea who maybe out injured). I don't think we will go gung ho and I expect it to be a professional Mourinho European away performance. Think we'll nab it 2-1. Anderlecht have a couple of cracking young players capable of magic so it won't be easy for sure.

Looking forward to see what Tielemans is about.

Probably go along with the team above, can see Lingard maybe keeping his place though as in good form, with Martial and Rashford providing from the bench again.

Romero | Valencia, Bailly, Rojo, Shaw | Carrick, Pogba, Herrera | Mkhitaryan, Ibra, Martial.

Think that'll be the line up and to be honest I think it's the strongest (minus De Gea who maybe out injured). I don't think we will go gung ho and I expect it to be a professional Mourinho European away performance. Think we'll nab it 2-1. Anderlecht have a couple of cracking young players capable of magic so it won't be easy for sure.

Hard to argue with that line up maybe Lingard instead of Martial as we're away from home but we should be able to dominate the ball even away. Got a feeling Mourinho doesn't like Valencia & Shaw together as he likes one of the full backs to stay tight with the CBS but if they could get that balance right it will help us stretch the pitch with just Valencia we overload the right side as we just keep feeding Valencia.

Important thing is getting the attitude right we aren't better than Anderlecht until we prove it over 2 legs this team had an undeserved arrogance about them early in this season and they got caught out. Keane always used to say match their work rate and then let your quality shine through if you work harder than your opponent and you're a better player they can't win. Utd forgot that for a while in Europe

We need Pogba to step up he needs to finish the season strong he was ok vs Sunderland but we need him to be the driving force and take these games to the opposition.

Looking forward to see what Tielemans is about.

Probably go along with the team above, can see Lingard maybe keeping his place though as in good form, with Martial and Rashford providing from the bench again.

Yeah definitely looking forward to seeing Tielemans. Apparently Dendoncker has a good reputation as well. Other than that I don't know a lot about their squad, I know they have Diego Capel who was rated really highly as a youngster.

If we can nick a goal or two, we give ourselves a great chance of progressing. (Stating the obvious)

Rooney hasn't travelled deemed not fit enough

Hard to see him playing much football before the end of the season as he's always been a guy who needs a few games after injury to be anywhere near his best.

It's hard to see us not winning this. Anderlecht have already lost at home to both Rostov and St Etienne this season (drew the away ties).

It's all about the attitude. Get the attitude right and we should win but this is still a very naïve team in Europe with not a huge amount of European experience in it, especially when it comes to knockout rounds even in the weaker competition you need to be savvy.

Any win or a score draw is a good result. The most important thing is getting the away goal which helps protect us in the home leg next week.

Team v Anderlecht: Romero, Valencia, Bailly, Rojo, Darmian, Carrick, Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Lingard, Rashford, Ibrahimovic.

Subs: De Gea, Blind, Fosu-Mensah, Shaw, Fellaini, Herrera, Martial.

Romero

Valencia Bailly Rojo Darmian

Carrick Pogba

Mhiki Lingard Rashford

Zlatan

Bench: De Gea, Blind, Fosu-Mensah, Shaw, Herrera, Fellaini, Martial

I've put it down as 4-2-3-1 but could easily be 4-4-2 with Rashford right up with Zlatan but not sure we'd change to that without trying it in the league.

Seems clear that Jose doesn't fancy Shaw & Valencia together be interesting to see what happens at the weekend.

Anyway come on Utd let's see a convincing performance

That is why Romero isn't a number 1 at least 1 of those sort of errors every game

Every game is unfair.

I really don't think it is they're rarely punished but I'd say there's always a dodgy kick, punch or fumble that makes you touch cloth

Utd creating a few nice moves forcing some last ditch defending.

Feel Zlatan or Lingard had to score one of those chances

Zlatan took a knock but seems to be ok now

Good follow up after a great save by the keeper from Rashford.

Hopefully we can keep this level up and get another. Been a good performance so far don't let them back in by playing counter attack.

Zlatan struggling tonight lots of misplaced passes and poor touches feels like every time Pogba looks up in midfield he sees a static Zlatan.

He won't come off obviously but you feel a more mobile frontline would trouble this defence more.

Sloppy start by Utd to the 2nd half need to get control back.

Lingard off Martial on

Fellaini on Rashford off

Mourinho shutting up shop I think been pretty poor second half almost like Anderlecht finally realised there's nothing to be afraid of if we are put under pressure.

Zlatan very poor tonight

Pogba with a one vs one chance saved by the keeper felt like that was the chance to kill the tie off

1-1 Great header but Fellaini lost his runner from midfield

You have to kill these teams when you have the chance this team are so naive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back