Europa League 2021/21: Granada vs Man Utd. Thu 8th Apr 8pm KO

Think our yellows have been fair but they should have at least 2 in the book as well.

Hard to see us making it through without a red here both centre Mids on a yellow at some point one will miss time one and give the ref a decision to make.

Silly mistakes creeping in giving balls away in dangerous areas.

Sloppy passes and overplaying need to get our arses in gear and not let this slip.

Maguire now out of the second leg

Ref is really trying to make a name for himself

Our players making it easy for him they should have had a few more in but our lads can’t moan.

Second leg could be tricky as Bailly is still out with Covid means second leg will be a makeshift back 4.

Our players making it easy for him they should have had a few more in but our lads can’t moan.

Second leg could be tricky as Bailly is still out with Covid means second leg will be a makeshift back 4.
He has only been giving one team the benefit of the doubt.

If we get through this with 11 on the pitch it’ll be an accomplishment. Exhibit A as to why you need a strong ref when playing Spanish sides.

Well done Bruno. Beat them at their own game. Lucky on the actual pen though. Keeper should’ve saved that.

And there is another one. Pretty pathetic refereeing as far as I am concerned. He has reacted to every yelp from their players.

Matic has his elbow out you aren’t allowed to do that.

I think all his yellows to us have been fair where he’s got it wrong is not punishing them when they’ve done the same.

European refs are always strict and card happy Utd I think have shown a lack of experience of how the game is played at this level. Don’t give refs decisions to make as you don’t get a free one.

Matic has his elbow out you aren’t allowed to do that.

I think all his yellows to us have been fair where he’s got it wrong is not punishing them when they’ve done the same.

European refs are always strict and card happy Utd I think have shown a lack of experience of how the game is played at this level. Don’t give refs decisions to make as you don’t get a free one.
Do not mind strict as long as it is for both teams.

Do not mind strict as long as it is for both teams.

Yep and a few of our players could learn the dark ways of politely reminding the ref that he’s made a mistake and maybe isn’t being fair.

Absolutely we are very naive. Maybe we need to be shouting in pain, rolling around with your arm in the air like it is serious.

Really poor with the ball today but got the job done maybe not enough to play a B team second leg but enough that he can surely start his big guns on the bench and put a few of the bench players in.

Yep and a few of our players could learn the dark ways of politely reminding the ref that he’s made a mistake and maybe isn’t being fair.
This I agree with. I hope this was a great learning experience for our younger players, as to what you face in Europe, and how to...help the officials help you.

Really poor with the ball today but got the job done maybe not enough to play a B team second leg but enough that he can surely start his big guns on the bench and put a few of the bench players in.
It will be a bit of a B team with all the suspensions. Shot is right though, at least the suspensions are out of the way and we should get through anyway.

Great result and, per usual, another poor performance.

In control of the tie, so that's nice.
It was very typical of a midweek euro night. Even the CL is like that in the group stages. It's got nothing to do with the team, the management or anything else.
In fact no crowds make it worse.

Jeez all those yellows for us and hardly any for them and all I am hearing from BT sports is it should not have been a penalty.

Nice to see a few in for the match ramblings as well. Couple of relative newbies bumpin their gums

It was very typical of a midweek euro night. Even the CL is like that in the group stages. It's got nothing to do with the team, the management or anything else.
In fact no crowds make it worse.
Euro nights are always midweek. This is the knockout stage. Please make sure your next excuse is better.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back