Europa League 2020/21: Man Utd vs Roma Thu 29th Apr 20:00 KO

Just read Ole is trying to Convince Cavani to stay using he needs to experience scoring in front of the Stretford end when it's full.

Sadly feels like that ship has sailed.

While I think he'd love to stay and play one more season if his family aren't happy he will surely take them back home.

Big worry is you can see this team isn't miles off being competitive but if we lose Cavani and Pogba this summer that's 2 huge players we've got to replace.

Zero talk of a new contract for Pogba to me says it's done deal and he's off but who knows in football.

I can see anyone who has the money to spendon Pogba

PSG or Bayern I guess

Yeah there's a lot of blocked roads for Pogba but Utd face losing him for nothing which they surely can't allow to happen so they could be forced into accepting low offers.

Just a lot of silence on the whole thing currently which is better than the noise we often have but it's a huge situation that needs to be resolved one way or the other and surely it needs to be done before the Euros.

If we win the Europa, and buy some quality, he could stay, if he see's we're moving in the right direction.

Think it could depend on what the plans are this summer he knows this squad can't win the league or champions league which I think is what Pogba wants to achieve as the clock is ticking for him. This is probably the last big deal/move of his career.

He needs to be sure that Utd are going to reinforce the team so they can compete with City and in the CL next season and beyond and deliver the big titles.

He saw before winning a Europa League doesn't necessarily mean full steam ahead at this club after winning it in 2017 within 18 months we were back to square one starting another total rebuild project.

He seems happy he's playing good football maybe having his best season at the club from a form point of view but he'll want to see Utd make big moves this summer to catch City.

This is probably the most important summer in a long while (although I'm pretty sure I've said that before) because it will ultimately determine what this season was. Was second and a EL final (potentially winning it) a huge stepping stone on the way to a return to the top, or was it just a smoke and mirrors show that was fun while it lasted, but didn't mean anything? If Pogba and Cavani leave and we don't significantly strengthen, we'll struggle to make 7th next season and this season counts for nothing. If Pogba stays (I think Cavani is gone) and we see one or two Bruno level signings in positions of need, then we should be pushing City and challenging in Europe.

Sadly, the gimps only invest when we don't make the CL places, and I can see a repeat of 2017 when we should've kicked on, but Ed/Joel worked their magic.

A couple of things occurred to me last night. Somebody made reference to the 'Smalling is out best CB' thing dying a thankful death last night. I don't think enough has been made of just how brutal he was. Gave away the pen, played Cavani onside for one of his goals and got caught under the ball for Pogba to head home. Had that been Maguire/Lindelof United twitter would've lost the run of itself.

Speaking of United twitter, I see #OleOut was trending at halftime? Nice to see (unfortunately large) segments of our support doing themselves proud again. Maroons.

I wonder how much of a factor the lack of substitutions were in the second half. We were brilliant and possibly unplayable, but I wonder what would've happened had Roma been able to make changes at 2-2 or 3-2 to stem the bleeding. As it was, they were collapsing and there was nothing Paulo Fonseca could do to stop it.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back