Europa League 2020/21: Man Utd vs Granada Thu 15th Apr 20:00 KO

Do we honestly think with an aggregate score of 3 - 0 and 2 away goals at half time this tie was not over?

1 goal at any point with a depleted defence could have made things a little tense.

He only really had kids on the bench so he held on to give a few young players a game

It was a weakened defence, it was not depleted. We paid quite a lot of money for Amad and he is spending nearly all the time sat on a bench. He needs some football.

Don’t try and be a clever clogs you know what you asked.

If only someone would start a match thread
I can assure you I would win the court battle!
But your right, get the match thread fired up.
I used to start some good threads here once upon a time but im not allowed anymore :rolleyes:
The head honcho's lackey is the unforgiving sort ;) and his pal isnt much better.

It was a weakened defence, it was not depleted. We paid quite a lot of money for Amad and he is spending nearly all the time sat on a bench. He needs some football.
Does Amad look ready for 90 min of first team football to you? Obviously a great goal vs Milan, but overall he looks like he needs to grab Shoretire and hit the gym this summer. They look like boys against men out there.

No he doesn't. I didn't actually say 90 minutes of this game, I was actually thinking more like 30 minutes, though I would have liked to have seen him start against sociadad. But it isn't so much that he isn't playing for the first team, I am not one that says just throw all the kids in, but this kid isn't getting any football at all. He could have played for the u23s last night but didn't

No he doesn't. I didn't actually say 90 minutes of this game, I was actually thinking more like 30 minutes, though I would have liked to have seen him start against sociadad. But it isn't so much that he isn't playing for the first team, I am not one that says just throw all the kids in, but this kid isn't getting any football at all. He could have played for the u23s last night but didn't
Fair enough, 20-30 min cameos is more doable. I struggle with this one because he's clearly too good for the U-23s but not good enough for the first team. Does he learn more waltzing through matches with the youth team, or training with the first team, being involved in the match day prep, hearing all the coaching convos/advice etc?

He could have done both this week. He could have gained that first team experience and 8 minutes of football, and then started for the u23s on Friday night.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back