Europa League 2020/21 Draws

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
As the song goes Hello Darkness my Old Friend.

Utd are back in the not so big time again and it's the old Thursday/Sunday routine in Europe after Xmas.

Europa League can bring some interesting games and for the travelling reds new cities and adventures to experience but sadly Covid has taken that away from them for the last year. Away fans don't seem like they'll be hopping across Europe by plane, train and automobile this season.

So below is the draw for the last 32 you can't draw the team from your own group or your own country neither of this applies to us but the good news is we are seeded. Draw is made on Monday lunchtime

Seeded teams

AC Milan (ITA, winners Group H)
Arsenal (ENG, B)
Ajax (NED*)
Club Brugge (BEL*)
Dinamo Zagreb (CRO, K)
Hoffenheim (GER, L)
Leicester (ENG, G)
Leverkusen (GER, C)
Manchester United (ENG*)
Napoli (ITA, F)
PSV Eindhoven (NED, E)
Rangers (SCO, D)
Roma (ITA, A)
Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR*)
Tottenham (ENG, J)
Villarreal (ESP, I)

Unseeded teams

Antwerp (BEL, runners-up Group J)
Benfica (POR, D)
Braga (POR, G)
Crvena zvezda (SRB, L)
Dynamo Kyiv (UKR)*
Granada (ESP, E)
Krasnodar (RUS)*
LOSC Lille (FRA, H)
Maccabi Tel-Aviv (ISR, I)
Molde (NOR, B)
Olympiacos (GRE)*
Real Sociedad (ESP, F)
Salzburg (AUT)*
Slavia Praha (CZE, C)
Wolfsberg (AUT, K)
Young Boys (SUI, A)

*Transferring from UEFA Champions League

Some interesting potential draws in the round of 32 Ole taking on his former club Molde or a return to Old Trafford for Adnan Januzaj with Real Socieded.

Come on the Champions League is mainstream the Europa League is where it's at the dark underground cool hip scene.

There's no champagne bottles with sparklers hanging off them at this party it's bring your own cans and have some fun.

I must say, I do get SOOO excited knowing that those big European games away to the like of Granada or Molde are just around the corner. No doubt we will still make hard work of them as well.

To be fair this year there a few decent names in the competition.

Europa League last-32 draw​

The two legs will take place on 18 and 25 February. Tottenham's home game will be on 24 February.

Wolfsburg v Tottenham
Dynamo Kyiv v Club Brugge
Real Sociedad v Manchester United
Benfica v Arsenal
Red Star Belgrade v AC Milan
Royal Antwerp v Rangers
Slavia Prague v Leicester
RB Salzburg v Villarreal
Braga v Roma
Krasnodar v Dinamo Zagreb
Young Boys v Bayer Leverkusen
Molde v Hoffenheim
Granada v Napoli
Maccabi Tel-Aviv v Shakhtar Donetsk
Lille v Ajax
Olympiakos v PSV Eindhoven

Tough draw current leaders of La Liga but these games are over 2 months away so not much you can read into them right now so much can change.

It’s hard to gage how good Sociedad are because a lot of the teams around them have been poor. So they could be one of the better teams of a bad bunch. Although on paper it’s one of the tougher draws, when I looked at it Sociedad, Roma, Shakhtar and Leverkusen were probably the ones to avoid.

We'll see how these teams are playing, but we should be a level above most of these. Memories of Midtjylland beating us and so forth is a bit of a reality check. I don't care about the Europa. It should be a workout for the fringe and youth.

We should fear nothing in this competition but even the year we won it we didn't really blow opponents away there was a lot of close calls.

How serious we take it will depend on where our league standing is when it comes back around.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back