Europa League 2019/20: Manchester United vs AZ Alkmaar

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
So Utd are through but need to avoid defeat to win the group which will mean they're seeded in the next round.

I assume we'll see plenty of kids get a game but we may also see the return of a few senior players who need some minutes in the legs as we come into Xmas possibly even a return of Pogba who's been out injured for a long time they might see this as a good game to get 60 minutes in his legs.

I expect the likes of Williams, Tuanzebe and Greenwood to all start and I'm sure players like Laird, Garner and Levitt who impressed away to Astana may also get a start.

I think there will be a couple more senior lads in there, maybe something like:

Romero

Laird - Tuanzebe - Jones - Williams

Pereira - Garner

Chong - Mata - Gomes

Greenwood​

Perhaps Levitt in for Pereira.

Will be a bonus to win the group so don’t think we can go full on youngster mode.

Levitt didn't play for the u23s last night. Don't know if he has picked up an injury or whether he is earmarked for a start on Thursday

Laird, Garner, Gomes and Chong all started for the U23's so you assume that means they won't be starting this game.

Levitt didn't play for the u23s last night. Don't know if he has picked up an injury or whether he is earmarked for a start on Thursday
Think he was injured.

I don’t think starting last night totally rules them out starting against AZ but maybe unlikely now. Hope Ole rests the majority of the side that played against Spurs and City though.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah the passing in general has been poor all night. Pretty underwhelming half and AZ definitely the better team.

Definitely a tale of two halves. Very poor then very good.

Don't really think of Greenwood or Williams as prospects now; they've earned their places in the first team squad.

Great work from Andreas for the first goal and Garner was decent. Good to see Laird get some minutes too.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back