Sideshow Bob

270px-Club_Brugge_KV_logo.svg.png
V
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Thursday, 20th February 2020
Europa League
Jan Breydel Stadium
17:55 GMT

That 6pm kick off has really caught me out working 2 hours from home tomorrow so going to have to sneak out early.

Can see him sticking with the same team from Monday haven't really got huge scope to make changes and it didn't look like anyone picked up injuries

Will he play Romero as the cup keeper?
Can't see Bailly doing 2 games close together so that means we probably have to go to the back 4.
Will he give Dalot a start with it being away I think he'll play with a bit of caution
Could he start Ighalo or Greenwood alongside Martial rather than James as you'd think Utd will have more of the ball Ighalo certainly looks like a man who needs minutes my guess is he'll be looking to play in the FA Cup game we have coming up.

Romero

Jones Maguire Shaw

AWB Matic Fred Williams

Bruno

Greenwood Martial

Solskjaer on Ighalo: "We will have to rotate with all the games, He's one that could start, we've not made a decision yet."

I’ve not watched club Brugge at all so I don’t know how they play would a hold up striker benefit? Or quick counter attack? Personally I think to ease him in he could play a half tomorow and also play maybe the second half Sunday if we needed to bring him on.

I would say to rest some players but we really don’t have many options. Think I’d still make a few changes as these players are going to be dying on their feet shortly. Keep it tight in the first leg and win it at Old Trafford next week. The league games are more important at the moment and we've got 3 Thursday fixtures in a row. As thin as the squad is we have to rotate.

Romero

Dalot Bailly Lindelof Shaw

Periera Fred

Lingard Bruno James

Ighalo

Greenwood and Jones haven’t travelled with the squad.

United's travelling squad as spotted by photographers

David de Gea, Sergio Romero, Nathan Bishop; Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Diogo Dalot, Harry Maguire, Eric Bailly, Victor Lindelof, Luke Shaw, Brandon Williams; Nemanja Matic, Fred, Andreas Pereira, Bruno Fernandes, Juan Mata, Jesse Lingard; Daniel James, Odion Ighalo, Anthony Martial

Yeah I read Greenwood picked up a knock which is a shame because he may well have started this one. I would give Ighalo a start just to give Martial a little breather.

I’ve not watched club Brugge at all so I don’t know how they play would a hold up striker benefit? Or quick counter attack? Personally I think to ease him in he could play a half tomorow and also play maybe the second half Sunday if we needed to bring him on.

They're top of their domestic league and have dropped down from CL where they finished 3rd behind PSG & Real Madrid ahead of Galatasary but they got a 2-2 draw away to Madrid and only lost 1-0 away to PSG so they've obviously got something about them. They didn't actually win a group game they basically got through by drawing home and away to Galatasary and getting that draw with Madrid.

Mignolet plays in goal for them but that's all I've got on them my guess is they'll be quite a young team can't see them being as good as the Anderlecht team we played 2 years ago in Europa.

They're top of their domestic league and have dropped down from CL where they finished 3rd behind PSG & Real Madrid ahead of Galatasary but they got a 2-2 draw away to Madrid and only lost 1-0 away to PSG so they've obviously got something about them. They didn't actually win a group game they basically got through by drawing home and away to Galatasary and getting that draw with Madrid.

Mignolet plays in goal for them but that's all I've got on them my guess is they'll be quite a young team can't see them being as good as the Anderlecht team we played 2 years ago in Europa.
There no pushovers then and obviously know how to win will make for a good game , would like to see a little more of inghalo in this game .

I would say to rest some players but we really don’t have many options. Think I’d still make a few changes as these players are going to be dying on their feet shortly. Keep it tight in the first leg and win it at Old Trafford next week. The league games are more important at the moment and we've got 3 Thursday fixtures in a row. As thin as the squad is we have to rotate.

Romero

Dalot Bailly Lindelof Shaw

Periera Fred

Lingard Bruno James

Ighalo

Greenwood and Jones haven’t travelled with the squad.

United's travelling squad as spotted by photographers

David de Gea, Sergio Romero, Nathan Bishop; Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Diogo Dalot, Harry Maguire, Eric Bailly, Victor Lindelof, Luke Shaw, Brandon Williams; Nemanja Matic, Fred, Andreas Pereira, Bruno Fernandes, Juan Mata, Jesse Lingard; Daniel James, Odion Ighalo, Anthony Martial
Definitely think we should rotate , I hope we see Dalot too

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Think Ole will be just wanting to keep it tight. He’ll be delighted with a 0-0 or 1-0 win I would say.

He’s playing like a man possessed in the last 10 minutes. This is the martial I want to see

Poor start to the half but ended well. Great goal by Martial and unlucky not to have another.

Martial can really play when he wants to. That goal was fantastic. He read the situation quickly and pounced, held off his marker, waited for the keeper to over commit, and tucked it away.

Mata and Bruno got their free kicks the wrong way around. Anything inside of 20 give to Mata.

Looks like 1-1, not a bad result. Very confident at turning them over at home. Their striker Dennis looks a player though.

It confirmed to me what we already know. Dalot, Pereira, lingard, not good enough. Mata and lindelof no more than squad players.

So is that a good result? I guess away from home with an away goal is always positive?

Poor result. Poor quality and could have put the tie to bed even with the players played.

Martial had the best game I’ve seen him have in a long time though. Hustling after every loose ball and giving it to the defenders.

Martial can really play when he wants to. That goal was fantastic. He read the situation quickly and pounced, held off his marker, waited for the keeper to over commit, and tucked it away.

That's what frustrates me about Martial, so much ability, just wish he showed it more often. I believe he is having his second best season season in terms of goal scoring though, so hopefully more to come.

It confirmed to me what we already know. Dalot, Pereira, lingard, not good enough. Mata and lindelof no more than squad players.
Yep Pereira was okay but it was like we were playing with 9 players - Dalot and Lingard’s performance were beyond dire.

Fernandes’ cameo was the highlight for me. We were instantly better when he came on. Just a shame we haven’t got all our best players in the team together. Pogba and Fernandes pulling the strings for Rashford and Martial would be something to watch.

Missed most of the game sounds like it was a poor performance nice goal by Martial and Fernandes looked a cut above when he came on.

Result is fine got the protection of the away goal which is vital in these 2 legged ties should get it done at home next week to get through.

Our starting XI when everyone is fit is a pretty good team but the squad players that come in when we have to make changes really are not.

Every now and then Martial does something to give some fans hope!
Shame that, quicker he is moved on the better, that way we can have hope on a more regular basis.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back