Europa League 19/20: Manchester United vs LASK (Round of 16 2nd leg)

Ole did the right thing? What? Maguire needs to be protected. What was the point in bringing Martial on in the last 10 minutes? Where was the injection of youth like an Ethan Laird?
I'm more on about the starting XI as a whole, not one individual position. He did the right thing resting key players to start with, obviously with the exception of Maguire and looking at the bench there didn't look like another CB available save for Mengi and he has never even played a senior game so understandable to ease the lad in. Who would you have played CB instead of MAguire given the options available?

And Laird has been injured a good while so he possibly isn't up to speed yet.

Watching the state of Bruno, Pogba, Rashford and some others falter their way over the last 3 or 4 matches, it would have been madness to start them, we were 5 up against LASK. And bringing Tony M on shows Ole's intent to win the game to me. If that is a good shout or not who knows? We won so it's a good call, if he'd have injured himself Ole would have been moaned on. That is the fine margins a manager has to play with.

I personally didn't expect anything else than what I saw from the the starting XI.

Just realised we have (if we progress) Wolves or Sevilla in the semi's and would meet Inter in the final. And you just know how that will end o_O:
Inter 3 -0 Utd
Lukaku
Sanchez
Young

Can you just imagine!!!

Just realised we have (if we progress) Wolves or Sevilla in the semi's and would meet Inter in the final. And you just know how that will end o_O:
Inter 3 -0 Utd
Lukaku
Sanchez
Young

Can you just imagine!!!
Away and wash yer mouth out wi soap boy!

God I hope it's Sevilla in the semi.

Our games vs Wolves are horrendously dull and it fell like we play them about 5 times a season already.

I still have nightmares about Sevilla though. That was the game I gave up on Jose.

Yeah was a tough one to take but that team was only going out in the next round anyway.

Not attacking in either leg really hit home how boring life would be under him.

This was peak Mourinho vs Pogba power struggle as well so glad we’ve seen the back of him another very expensive balls up by Woodward.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back