Euro 2021: Sweden

Sideshow Bob

225px-Sweden_national_football_team_badge.svg.png

Goalkeepers: Karl-Johan Johnsson (København), Kristoffer Nordfeldt (Gençlerbirliği), Robin Olsen (Everton)

Defenders: Ludwig Augustinsson (Werder Bremen), Pierre Bengtsson (Vejle), Marcus Danielson (Dalian Yifang), Andreas Granqvist (Helsingborg), Filip Helander (Rangers), Pontus Jansson (Brentford), Emil Krafth (Newcastle United), Victor Lindelöf (Manchester United), Mikael Lustig (AIK)

Midfielders: Jens-Lys Cajuste (Midtjylland), Viktor Claesson (Krasnodar), Albin Ekdal (Sampdoria), Emil Forsberg (Leipzig), Dejan Kulusevski (Juventus), Sebastian Larsson (AIK), Kristoffer Olsson (Krasnodar), Robin Quaison (Mainz), Ken Sema (Watford), Mattias Svanberg (Bologna), Gustav Svensson (Guangzhou)

Forwards: Marcus Berg (Krasnodar), Alexander Isak (Real Sociedad), Jordan Larsson (Spartak Moskva)

SuperRash

I hadn’t really seen a hell of a lot of Isak before but he looks a real talent. He’s always been someone who has been heralded as a future star but I definitely saw something in him tonight. He had some great feet in tight situations and looked like the one Swedish player who could make something happen.

Mr C

he's great for Sweden if you ever watch them. Distributes the ball really well.

jsp

Main difference is Sweden play ultra defensive he hardly left the penalty box so his vulnerability to long balls in behind him was never really exposed as he never got near the half way line.

I watched the game wouldn't have picked him out as the stand out player in the game but Sweden defended well and it was a game where no one really stood out.

Quite liked the look of Isak looks like there's some talent there just a shame he didn't get to see more of the ball.

Mr C

I didn't watch last nights game, but I have seen him a few times for Sweden and he really shows his quality, always brings the ball out, penetrates into the midfield and gets a pass off, or hits a great cross field ball. Granted they defend differently so he doesn't get exposed.

IDFD

I've always said Lindelof will look quality in La Liga so it's hardly a surprise he looked good against Spain. They don't play a 40 yard ball for him to get caught underneath of.

SuperRash

Thought Danielson looked very good beside Lindelof and probably the pick of the defenders - it really was a group effort from them all though.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now