Euro 2021: Spain

Sideshow Bob

Spain_National_Football_Team_badge.png

Goalkeepers: David de Gea (Manchester United), Unai Simón (Athletic), Robert Sánchez (Brighton & Hove Albion)

Defenders: José Gayà (Valencia), Jordi Alba (Barcelona), Pau Torres (Villarreal), Aymeric Laporte (Manchester City), Eric García (Manchester City), Diego Llorente (Leeds United), César Azpilicueta (Chelsea)

Midfielders: Thiago Alcántara (Liverpool), Sergio Busquets (Barcelona), Koke (Atlético), Marcos Llorente (Atlético), Dani Olmo (Leipzig), Rodri (Manchester City), Fabián Ruiz (Napoli), Pablo Sarabia (Paris), Ferran Torres (Manchester City), Adama Traoré (Wolves)

Forwards: Álvaro Morata (Juventus), Gerard Moreno (Villarreal), Mikel Oyarzabal (Real Sociedad), Pedri (Barcelona)

De Gea doesn’t make the starting XI.

Potential centre back target Pau Torres does start along Laporte

Spain look like they could pass you to death but so far no real end product. I think that was the worry with them in this tournament. Obviously early days but Morata has never really convinced, at some point sure we’ll see Moreno who played very well against us in the Europa final.

Just noticed Saul Niguez didn’t even make the squad.

Koke has been bright first half always liked watching him.

Agree they lack the cutting edge they had a few years back when they dominated I think they will eventually get the breakthrough.

Surprised about Saul, would have thought he was a shoe in for the squad!

Think Spain are going to struggle to score in this tournament, Moreno looked a lot more threatening than Morata, however they were more style than substance. Sweden also should have probably nicked it in the end.

I've got 14's on them not making it through the group stages!

Don't think the manager rates Saul not even sure if he was starting all the time for Atletico towards the end of the season few things I read suggested he's not really kicked on in the last few seasons so Atletico want to cash in on him if they can.

I agree think Spain will struggle but I think they'll have enough to score against the other teams they had good chances last night just didn't take them. I think they get through but the first decent side they play dumps them out.

Good lord they are so boring to watch. I've never enjoyed watching tiki-taka even though I had to respect it when Xavi and Iniesta used it to rule the world. Without them, it's basically a defensive style where you keep the ball so the opposition can't score. For all that possession they should really be scoring much more than they do. Of course, Morata up front isn't really going to help that.

Just seen their forward options, that's a real dearth compared to the past.

Sounds like I missed nothing last night then. I thought England passed it around too much with little penetration too.

Debravka can give them one though. Calamity. OG moves up to 6.

6 of 11 penalties missed so far.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That is comedy stuff he’s been playing well for them so far.

Morata is one of those good but also comedy bad strikers but he keeps coming back for more.

And now there's a comical own goal by Spain. 45 yard back pass bounced over the keepers foot

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The quality of that own goal was only matched by the quality of Morata's missed header just before it. I know Lukaku was a disaster for us, but imagine how much worse Morata would've been?

Having said that, this has been much more entertaining than I was expecting.

Only caught the last bit of the game where did that come back come from sounds like they were dead and buried at 3-1.

Pau Torres not convincing on that equaliser.

So, I had this as a 0-0 sideways and backwards snorefest. Shows what I know. LOL.

It might be an overreaction to a poor performance, but we need to steer well clear of Torres. Lindelof MK II.

On what I've seen I'd agree about Pau Torres. But remember never to go over the top when judging performances on international tournaments.

I don't remember the game against us though.

So, I had this as a 0-0 sideways and backwards snorefest. Shows what I know. LOL.

It might be an overreaction to a poor performance, but we need to steer well clear of Torres. Lindelof MK II.
Yep agreed. He looked good in a Villarreal side who defend basically on their 18 yard box. Think he’s being exposed in a team who are a little more expansive. We should steer well clear.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back