Euro 2021: Scotland

Sideshow Bob

300px-Scotland_national_football_team_logo_2014.svg.png

Goalkeepers: Craig Gordon (Hearts), David Marshall (Derby), Jon McLaughlin (Rangers)

Defenders: Liam Cooper (Leeds), Declan Gallagher (Motherwell), Grant Hanley (Norwich), Jack Hendry (Celtic), Scott McKenna (Nottingham Forest), Stephen O'Donnell (Motherwell), Nathan Patterson (Rangers), Andy Robertson (Liverpool), Greg Taylor (Celtic), Kieran Tierney (Arsenal)

Midfielders: Stuart Armstrong (Southampton), Ryan Christie (Celtic), John Fleck (Sheffield United), James Forrest (Celtic), Ryan Fraser (Newcastle United), Billy Gilmour (Chelsea), John McGinn (Aston Villa), Callum McGregor (Celtic), Scott McTominay (Manchester United), David Turnbull (Celtic)

Forwards: Ché Adams (Southampton), Lyndon Dykes (QPR), Kevin Nisbet (Hibernian)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The turn of Scotland to get going in the tournament. Good to see McTominay in his favoured central midfield after being used a lot at the back.

Surprised Dykes starts ahead of Che Adams but it looks a decent Scottish team with a couple of promising youngsters on the bench. Think they’ll nick this as the Czech’s aren’t what they once were.

Guess they want to have someone who can be an impact off the bench.

Surprised Gilmour isn't starting think he's a brilliant young player maybe broke through just a little to late to become a starter having missed a lot of the season with an injury but he looks at home in midfield in the premier league against almost any opponent which is rare for someone so young.

Is Kieran Tierney injured?

Think Tierney must be injured as he’s not even in the squad. Can only assume it’s an injury as he would be one of the first names on the team sheet - think he has been slotting in at left centre back which means him and Robertson can play together. It is a blow for them.

Tierney got injured yesterday. Big blow for them.

I love McGinn for these bet builders.

Always serves me well. So I've gone for a McGinn special today.

2 SoT
Booked
Goal

75/1

I rate McGinn think he's a cracking player

Will you be cheering on Scotland?

I know they generally hope England lose but I love cheering on the other home nation's too.

For me it's England only the other nations I stay fairly neutral on.

I don't want them to lose but I also don't want them to win.

Good to see them qualifying for the tournaments though real shame there's not full grounds as I bet Hampden would be rocking.

Supporting the home nations to me is like this idea that in club football we should support English clubs in European comps on that one I'm much more I want every English club that isn't Utd to lose every European match they ever play.

nah, England and france for me. All the others I couldn't give a hoot

great goal, keeper was miles off his line for some reason though, halfway between 18 yard and halfway line

Great finish guess the keeper is trying to play sweeper with the defence pushed up but it's broken perfectly and he's given him no chance to recover hit it so early and dipped just under the bar at the end.

His header for the first one was a nice goal too.

I'm probably going to regret this come Friday, but I was expecting a lot more from Scotland tbh. They run about a lot, but don't really have enough quality when it really matters.

Crazy bend on the Czech second.

They've basically got 4 really good players and the rest are at best mid table prem players.

Think this Czech side will be dangerous got some good players in that side not saying they're dark horses for the tournament but could see them giving England a battle for the top spot as I wasn't impressed by Croatia at all yesterday.

Was expecting a lot more from Scotland to be honest, they came into the tournament in decent form but the Czechs were a little to slick for them helped by an absolute worldie!

Wow.. the commentators desperately tried to say Scotland were in the game and unlucky. Rot! Out-thought and out-played by a much better side. A couple of good saves aside, did they really threaten? No!

Great finish guess the keeper is trying to play sweeper with the defence pushed up
He's still way out even for that role. Nearly at the centre circle. They lob it over and it's a race

Gilmour tested positive for Covid out of the final group game as he has to isolate for 10 days.

Huge blow for the Scots as he was excellant against England.

They are in bubbles but they do still have some contact with the public hotels, planes, coaches, stadiums etc.

As many have already said the England players don't need to worry about close contacts as none of them got near him on Friday.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back