Euro 2021: France

Taking off Griezmann was his biggest mistake, 8 minutes to go or so. That guy does so much work for that French team.

I read that report on Rabiot, next to one where United were scouting him. More great football reporting.

I missed the game but I guess they were looking to close it out at 3-1 when he came on and they hadn't played well

In hingsight it looks a terrible decision but it was possibly a decision made with set pieces in mind thinking of adding a bit of extra height to the team.

Can't stand Rabiot sounds like he's trouble so hopefully Utd stay well clear of him I'm sure Juventus would happily get him off the books

He was a bosman signing at Juventus and as a non italian he pays low taxes so I bet he's on ridiculous wages just like Ramsey.

I'm pretty sure I read reports of tensions in the French camp going into the tournament, so it's no surprise that it's all kicked off after things collapsed.

No to Rabiot for all the reasons mentioned above, but if we're going to sign a French player, their lanky midfielder with the funky hair looks handy.

Having said that, Griezmann seems to make that French side tick. He's another one who made himself out to be quite the prat with the whole transfer decision, and doesn't always perform for Barca, but as soon as he puts that blue shirt on, he's a man possessed.

There had been rumbles doesn't sound like Giroud was happy with Benzema coming back and taking his spot in the team. A lot of it seemed to revolve around Mbappe and his attitude but you never know how much of that is true he's certainly got an ego and why shouldn't he he's a brilliant footballer. I've seen him getting a lot of flack (I missed the final match) but when I saw him he was so dangerous things just didn't really happen for him in this tournament. He certainly looked very frustrated at times.

Few rumours that Barca are trying to sell Griezmann heard a few stories of him possibly moving to City if they can't get Kane and Barca need to clear out some of the flops. He's a cracking player who works his socks off for the team but like you say he seems to be a bit of a knob. I never see Barca play but doesn't sound like they've got anywhere near the best from him probably because it's hard for him to play his natural game when you have Messi in the team he's often been stuck out wide where he isn't as effective. I'd love him at Utd but with Bruno already in place as the number 10 it's hard to see where he'd fit into our side it felt like we were close to getting him a few times but always felt like his heart was set on the move to Barca.

Just felt to me like France never really found the right balance in the team they played Mbappe more central rather than in the wide role he had at the world cup but felt it made them very narrow as a team as neither of their full backs were particularly good getting forward.

France had a fantastic squad but I do think they really lacked quality in the wide areas which has cost them in the end.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back