Euro 2021: France

Sideshow Bob

225px-France_national_football_team_seal.svg.png

Goalkeepers: Hugo Lloris (Tottenham), Mike Maignan (Milan), Steve Mandanda (Marseille)

Defenders: Lucas Digne (Everton), Léo Dubois (Lyon), Lucas Hernández (Bayern), Presnel Kimpembe (Paris), Jules Koundé (Sevilla), Clément Lenglet (Barcelona), Benjamin Pavard (Bayern), Raphaël Varane (Real Madrid), Kurt Zouma (Chelsea)

Midfielders: Kingsley Coman (Bayern), N'Golo Kanté (Chelsea), Thomas Lemar (Atlético Madrid), Paul Pogba (Manchester United), Adrien Rabiot (Juventus), Moussa Sissoko (Tottenham), Corentin Tolisso (Bayern)

Forwards: Wissam Ben Yedder (Monaco), Karim Benzema (Real Madrid), Ousmane Dembélé (Barcelona), Olivier Giroud (Chelsea), Antoine Griezmann (Barcelona), Kylian Mbappé (Paris), Marcus Thuram (Mönchengladbach)

jsp

Guess the big question for France is can they fit Benzema back in without unbalancing the side.

jsp

Depends on where they play Mbappe will they try and use him from the right wing like they did at the world cup and just put Benzema into the Giroud role or will Mbappe want to be up the middle.

Mr C

they're already bickering internally I think. Giroud saying his team mates aren't passing to him, Mbappe getting uptight about it.

jsp

Good old France.

This is where I think Pogba can be big for them he needs to bring them all together and settle the ego's.

Ben Townsend

Think they go with Benzema through the middle if fit, yep Giroud moaning about Mbappe never passing to him.

I mean Mbappe is brilliant, but if you watch him enough, you realise he's a greedy sod.

Mr C

I saw a list the other day of the most valuable players, he was about 12th I think. Foden no.1 :eek:

IDFD

Yeah I saw that list. Think they factored in to account he's only got 12 months left on his contract too highly.

jsp

It's all statistical models so yeah Foden being so young and signed up for the next 5 years makes him incredibly valuable whereas Mbappe being 12 months from his contract expiring makes him less valuable. I imagine using their model if Mbappe signed a new 5 year deal tomorrow he'd rocket up to number 1 and be well clear of Foden.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now