Euro 2020 - Winner/Golden Boot/Player of the tournament

Ben Townsend

Alright gang, for a bit of fun lets all have a crack at guessing who wins what in the Euro's - my choice is somewhat being ruled by my heart so dont come at me for saying England win it !

England/Cristiano Ronaldo/Harry Kane

Think Kane will have a very good tournament, you just have to look at his numbers last season - 23 goals and 14 assists, they're brilliant numbers so think he will really put a good display in during the tournament, with Cristiano just pipping him to top scorer.

Over to you folks .....

Head (And likelier options)

Winners: France
Top Scorer: Mbappe
Best Player: Pogba

Heart:

England
Kane
Foden

I must be going mad, thought this was done, can't remember what I said though.

France
Kane
Kante

Winner ~ France
Top Scorer ~ Kane
Player ~ Kante

It's hard to really see past France they've probably been the best team at the last two tournaments winning one and losing the final in the other my only concern with them is they can have off days they aren't like Spain from a few years ago where they were basically impossible to beat.

I'd love to say England, but we're on the same side of the draw as France/Spain/Portugal/Germany (unless we come third in the group and cross over) and I don't trust us against any of those sides.

So, for something different, I'll go for:

Belgium
Mbappe
Pogba

Winners: Spain
Top scorer: Mbappe
Best Player: Ferran Torres

Not many are talking about Spain but they have some real talent and are the dark horses. Could well be a France vs Spain final.

I've got a few bets on Spain failing to make it through the group. Haha.

Yeah I looked at the Spain squad and didn't really see anything to be worried about.

I do think there's a chance of an upset here though the big teams will have lots of players coming off long hard seasons if a smaller nation that's well organised can get on a role we could see an upset like we did with Greece in 2004.

I always enjoy Turkey in a tournament as unless you follow Turkish league you never really know a lot about their players as so few play abroad same with Russia. You always know they're going to be a handy side but it's hard to really know much about their players unless you watch their leagues.

Think I've mentioned on another thread, Burak Yilmaz has been banging them in for Lille this season, and scored in the last 4 or 5 for Turkey so he could bag a few.

Fairly even group Italy you'd expect to go through as winners but I'd say Switzerland/Turkey/Wales are 3 pretty even sides in terms of ability.

Wales probably the weakest team but if Bale is fully fit he can change any game in a moment.

I've got a few bets on Spain failing to make it through the group. Haha.
Good chance on that if the Covid kicks off in their team. Cant remeber the first player who went down, but he told them he had been in contact, tested negative, five days of clear tests while training with the squad then he was positive. Now another one has gone down. They were saying they are training the U23's seperately in case they have to field them. If you can't get a 13 man team together, including a proper GK it's a 3-0 loss.

Why they didn't isolate him gawd knows.

I must be going mad, thought this was done, can't remember what I said though.

France
Kane
Kante

We'll I'm using my wildcard hahaha

I really like the look of the Dutch, but I think the lack of an out and out striker will hold them back. Italy have been impressive, not conceded yet, and the Germans looked excellent in the last round.

I still think France will win it.

No way Kane will finish top scorer at this rate, and Pogba looks most likely so far to me to be player of the tourny, he has looked the best to me. If Veratti stays fit then he could, he was supeb last night.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back