Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

200px-Logo_de_l%27%C3%89quipe_de_France_de_Football.png

Goalkeepers:
Benoit Costil (Rennes), Hugo Lloris (Tottenham), Steve Mandanda (Marseille)

Defenders: Lucas Digne (Roma), Patrice Evra (Juventus), Christophe Jallet (Lyon), Laurent Koscielny (Arsenal), Eliaquim Mangala (Manchester City), Jeremy Mathieu (Barcelona), Bacary Sagna (Manchester City), Adil Rami (Sevilla)

Midfielders: Yohan Cabaye (Crystal Palace), Lassana Diarra (Marseille), N'Golo Kante (Leicester), Blaise Matuidi (Paris Saint-Germain), Paul Pogba (Juventus), Moussa Sissoko (Newcastle)

Forwards: Kingsley Coman (Bayern Munich), Andre-Pierre Gignac (Tigres), Olivier Giroud (Arsenal), Antoine Griezmann (Atletico Madrid), Anthony Martial (Manchester United), Dimitri Payet (West Ham).

Group A Fixtures
10th June v Romania, 20:00 BST
15th June v Albania, 20:00 BST
19th June v Switzerland, 20:00 BST

France 3-2 Cameroon - 30th May 2016

Some freekick.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Some assist.

Could be France's year this. An abundance of talent in midfield and attack, any side with Pogba, Griezmann and Martial in has got a shot. Also players who have had awesome seasons in Kante and Payet. There defence has a dodgy look about it but they go in favourites along with Germany for me.

Friendly: France 3-0 Scotland

Goals:
Giroud x2
Koscielny

Martial highlights v Scotland.

Really looking forward to seeing him play for us next season, gonna go to the next level.

Have only made one bet ahead of the Euro's and that's Martial to be player of the tournament. 25/1 very good odds I think.

Really disappointed Martial isn't starting and I do think they could do with his pace and directness. Should be in for Payet in my opinion.

Payer has been decent and probably deserves to keep his place in the team. Martial in for Giroud?

Payet has been the best player on the park. I love the way he plays as if he's got all the time in the world. That's the sign of a true top class player.

Martial to play up front in the next game?! Imagine him up top with Payet behind and the movement in and around him.

France 2-1 Romania - 10th June 2016

Giroud

Payet

What a great cross from Payet for the first and then a fitting way to win any game.

Good start from France in a group they should now get out of pretty easily.

Some showing from Payet, yet again. If they were to continue with the 4-3-3 with the midfeld trio of Kante, Matuidi and Pogba then realistically Martial's only chance of starting would be ahead of Giroud at 9.. However I can't see that happening. Griezmann was quiet the other night but he'll come good again. It seems judging by the order of the substitutions that Coman is ahead of Martial also in the pecking order... Our young attacking duo Martial and Rashford both 4th or 5th attacking choice for their countries!

Some showing from Payet, yet again. If they were to continue with the 4-3-3 with the midfeld trio of Kante, Matuidi and Pogba then realistically Martial's only chance of starting would be ahead of Giroud at 9.. However I can't see that happening. Griezmann was quiet the other night but he'll come good again. It seems judging by the order of the substitutions that Coman is ahead of Martial also in the pecking order... Our young attacking duo Martial and Rashford both 4th or 5th attacking choice for their countries!

I think as the tournament continues they'll be pressure to play Martial as the number 9 rather than out wide. Coman as a winger is probably a better option than Martial as he's a natural winger though Martial is definitely the more talented player. Think France are going to be a lot of fun to watch though. So much attacking quality yet dodgy at the back.

Pogba and Griezmann could be dropped for Martial and Coman against Albania, with Payet at 10, according to L'Equipe.

Griezmann was poor against Romania and I do think Martial will give them a better attacking outlet. I think Payet or Griezmann would be a better option at number 10. For me, it would be Kante and Pogba in the middle but I know Deschamps likes Matuidi in there. But I really can't see Pogba being dropped but I can see Griezmann being replaced.

See it seems Bilic is absolutely adamant that Payet is best coming from out wide and he certainly does cause problems if he's played wide. But that in itself causes problems doesn't it? Because France seem to have a lot of wide options. For me their biggest issue though is Giroud. I think he brings their attack and movement right down. They'd be better off with a quicker more mobile striker who can interchange. I think Giroud is too immobile and doesn't offer enough in his all around game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back