Sideshow Bob

170px-England_crest_2009.svg.png
V
200px-Iceland_FA.png

Monday, 27th June 2016
Euro 2016 Last 16

Stade de Nice, Nice
20:00 BST

England: Hart, Walker, Cahill, Smalling, Rose, Alli, Dier, Rooney, Sturridge, Kane, Sterling.

Iceland: Halldorsson, Saevarsson, Arnason, Sigurdsson, Skulason, Berg Gudmundsson, Sigurdsson, Gunnarsson, Bjarnason, Sigthorsson, Bodvarsson

Ridiculous! I'm hoping that order of names isn't a reflection of the team right? I hope Alli is more advanced than Rooney as he's been our best player in that central midfield role.

I know I shouldn't... But this is actually quite funny to watch.

Iceland aren't a terrible team but really?! The one thing everyone thought England must do was score early. Do that and the game should be there. Not many thought they would though as Iceland are so well organised. But what's happened? They got the early break through and it's not helped them one bit.

Got to say... That's 4 goals England have conceded in this tournament and I think Hart is to blame for 3 of them.

Awfully. No structure, no organisation, no real quality. We started well but other than that Iceland have been pretty comfortable. And in doing so are starting to come out a bit more to attack.

What has Henderson ever done in an England shirt to get on the pitch in such an important match?

P.S: I mistook wilshere for Henderson.

Haha hilarious! Sorry I know we shouldn't laugh but wow that's actually funny. How bad is this England team? And Hodgson is a disgrace! He left Rashford on the bench until it was too late... Yet he was probably our best player when he came on.

Yeah it really has. You'd think we'd suffered enough.

Until the FA learn their lessons though they won't improve. Every time it's the same old story. Every tournament we say the same things. And what changes? Nothing but the manager.

I pretty much guarantee they breeze through qualifying for the WC. Then they build up hope and then they perform terribly against even half decent teams at the WC. And then repeat.

Until the FA put the national team first they won't change. Whilst English players cost so much more then teams will look around the world. Because around the world they tend to be technically better and don't cost anywhere near as much.

And anyway... Why are we technically worse than every other nation? Every touch is heavy and every pass is behind its intended target. It's a joke. It's embarrassing to watch.

It was definitely embarrassing, everyone is right there. It's a poor indictment of the team when the best player on the mark was Rashford, when he only played 8 minutes or so. At least he tried to do something and was happy to take on players. Sterling was good for like 3 minutes, Sturridge was appalling, Kane looked Sunday league. And well Rooney was god awful, some of his touches were terrible and his passing - which is usually on point - was non-existent. Really dreadful dreadful night and to be honest Iceland had chances to make it even more embarrassing! Will definitely be cheering on Iceland now. At least we have Wales!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back