Ethan Laird

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

His main position now is right back, he did play some games at centre back but I think right back is now his main position.

He’s another one of those talented guys we have in the youth teams. The U23’s maybe garbage but lower down the levels we have some stars. Also if you were basing promoting youth on physicality alone then I think Laird is ready because he’s a big lad. Obviously too soon for him to be in the first team though but one to keep an eye on.

From what I've seen I like this kid a lot. Big and strong, physical and likes to get forward.

EFL: Rotherham 0-2 Manchester Reserves - 6th August 2019

Reserves: West Bromwich Albion 0-5 Manchester United - 9th August 2019

He is the big loser having all these young right backs as I have great belief in his ability. Can also play centre back. Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if he could be developed into a defensive centre midfield player too.

He is the big loser having all these young right backs as I have great belief in his ability. Can also play centre back. Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if he could be developed into a defensive centre midfield player too.

Personally think he's got the potential to be better than both Dalot and Wan-Bissaka. A more all round full back than both. Had injury problems last season but has started this season excellently and it'd be great to include him on the bench at some point. Have seen him play very well at left back.

Going to be tough to get past AWB and Dalot. I personally think Dalot might move on next summer. I don’t think he can play further forward as he doesn’t score enough goals so there would be a chance for this kid to move up.

Do people think Laird could move further forward as he develops?

I think he could possibly play as a wing back. Definitely centre back. I have a hunch he could play in midfield in front of the back 4 but I haven't seen him play there.

Been training with the first team, in line for his first squad appearance vs Partizan.

If Utd stick with the wing back system tomorrow night would be nice to see Laird and Williams given a chance in those slots.

Will be tough because positionally it's a very hard position to play as you are normally playing 2 vs 1 so you need to make sure that you push high enough that the attacking player on the opposite sides comes with you. Young plays this position very well in my opinion he sees the balance required but it's something that is learned over time.

Personally when putting kids in I feel it's always best to put them in their best position especially when you have defensive responsibilities.

Think this guy will eventually be pushing AWB for a place. I’ve only watched highlights of the game last night but it looks like he impressed for sure.

Heard good things from those who watched.

If I was Dalot I'd be worried that boy needs to get fit and stay fit and show us what he can do because it sounds like this kid will be pushing him for his spot in the first team squad next season.

Scholes on R5 this morning said it was the first time he'd seen him and was very impressed

Went off injured vs Salford the other night after a decent performance.

Kids having some rotten luck with injuries

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back