Erling Haaland

IDFD

We brought Sanchez in on a ridiculous wage. Really worked out well for us.

If you bring Haaland in on more than anyone else then you'll have others in wanting a payrise.

I really do have issues with Haaland coming in. We're wasting Greenwood is we do such.

Macariman

We brought Sanchez in on a ridiculous wage. Really worked out well for us.

If you bring Haaland in on more than anyone else then you'll have others in wanting a payrise.

I really do have issues with Haaland coming in. We're wasting Greenwood is we do such.
If your talking finance . The largest market now , is China . Do they recognize that umpteen years ago , Utd were feared in the EPL ? Doubt it !
What happens now , is what teams r doing now ! There's not too many World class players, at the moment, that tantalize or even.win.things , with us. No . Will.it change? Not on our present prehistoric philosophy, like Liverpool suffered for 30 years,
If we don't move large , we won't move at all !

jsp

You.pay peanuts, you get monkeys !
How much was Igjalho getting paid in China ?

Bruno isn’t a monkey he was not put straight on a £300k a week contract and who cares what Ighalo earns in China good luck to him is all I can say. Sort of disproves your point doesn’t it? Plenty of players getting paid way more than they should in countries like China although that will all be stopping very soon as the government introduced new rules.

Haaland is rumoured to be asking for Messi/Ronaldo/Neymar sort of wages and to be fair he’s probably worth it but if you pay him £600k a week guess how much Bruno wants on his next deal or Rashford or anyone else? The silly Sánchez contract is the reason De Gea could negotiate his crazy contract. His rumoured salary demand is almost double our current top earners he’d need to basically overnight make us title winners to justify it.

If Utd are prepared to go for him they should be saying it’s parity with top earners and no more on the first deal deliver the goods and we will offer you a new deal within 2 seasons. Reality is any club signing this kid now probably knows he’ll be looking for another move in 2-3 seasons he’s not hanging about unless you are winning the big pots.

IDFD

I'm not saying don't spend money. You want to go out and spend £100m on Haaland fine. He comes in at our wage structure earning what Pogba / Rashford / Bruno will earn not earning double their wages. You are crazy if you think bringing someone in on 600k doesn't unbalance the club and cause problems in the dressing room. He's 20 fcol.

Our prehistoric philosophy? No one is really outspending us so not sure what you're on about? We spent £80m on Harry Maguire ffs. What cost us is spending silly money instead of spending correct money. You don't just throw £600k at a 20 yr old and hope he sorts everything out.

As for China, yeah it's a large market but it certainly isn't a new market. Theres a reason we've been touring there since the early 2000's.

jsp

China is also closed for business now the clubs have all been told no more wasting money on expensive foreign players salary caps have been introduced and a lot of the players will be packing their bags and heading back to the European leagues very soon.

I still don’t think this kid goes anywhere this summer I think he will have to stick around let clubs refill the bank account after a season of no fans then make his move next summer.

Wherever he ends up he’ll be getting big wages but I think he’ll want big wages and genuine chances at big trophies if Utd want to get him they need to convince him that we are serious challengers at home and abroad.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now