Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

26 goals in 18 games this season with 6 assists. Just watched a video of him and didn’t realise he was so quick. Granted he’s scoring his goals in an inferior league but when you’ve got it you’ve just got it and this lad has got it in spades.

Yeah a Norwegian journalist was basically saying that up until he was about 14 he wasn't that big for his age and he was scoring loads of goals due to his speed and trickery rather than just bullying kids with strength then he had a sudden growth spurt and now he's got that physical element to his game as well.

I think it's pretty certain he will end up at Leipzig because of the red bull link but Utd should be pushing hard for this kid but I expect the price will get silly and bigger clubs will come in due to FOMO (fear of missing out) even though they don't need a striker.

Hopefully Wells is the guy who scouted James not the guy who scouted Fred :p

His record is mad but he's playing for a team that bosses the league so it's so hard to judge him but he looks the real deal but it's important Utd don't pay proven product price for an unproven talent.

not sure why he needs scouting when he has played for Ole

not sure why he needs scouting when he has played for Ole

That was a few years ago and I’m guessing his club will be demanding north of 50m up front plus loads of bonuses and huge wages any player Utd sign needs to be passing the judgement of a number of people.

Just because he’s good for Salzburg doesn’t mean he will be good for us.

Signing players who look good on paper but in reality don’t fit what we actually need is how we got into this mess in the first place.

If we are thinking about a January bid I’d want him being watched every week up to January to make sure we are 100% on him.

I think everyone is 100% about this kid from what I’ve heard. You’re probably looking at £100m to get hold of him.

I've been wondering, seeing as the Pogba to Marid has been gaining momentum, that we have said they can have Pogba if they stay away from him. Possible I suppose.

Madrid seem to have their own young striker that is one for the future. Rodrygo is looking impressive and as well as him they’ve got Vanicius Junior. See them being one of the few that aren’t in for Haaland.

Madrid have got Benzema and they've just signed Jovic and lets be honest if they're going for a new striker they're going for Mbappe either this summer or next summer I don't think they'll be looking at a Haaland. I don't think Madrid will back off anyone anyway they'll take whoever they want as they know they're top dog the only way they'd back off is if you gave them something that said in 2 or 3 years they can take him.

The competition from the super clubs for Haaland will probably be Juventus, Bayern, PSG who I think will all be looking at possibly changing the first choice centre forward in the next 12 months. Barca probably have that position sorted with Griezmann and they're more likely to go for Neymar this summer.

I also get the impression that this kid has his head screwed on he won't just dive straight to the big club he's looking for a step up which means a club like Utd in the situation we currently find ourselves is an attractive option because he doesn't have a superstar number 9 that he needs to displace.

I do agree everyone seems pretty confident on this kid but the league he's playing in makes people have doubts Mousa Dembele was smashing them in for Celtic in Scotland and scoring in CL but hasn't exactly lit up the French league. I can't see how his price can go over the 100m based on the league he is playing in.

Dortmund also reported to be showing interest as well.

Could be a big fight for this kid in January.

Joining Juve literally makes no sense for this kid way to many players there in his position already.

Roma have offered him big wages, since his release cluase has been found out.

Roma would be a good move but I do think he'd be better going to a club like Dortmund or Roma before going to be huge clubs and I'm sure him and his agent will insist on some sort of release clause that allows them to move on for a sensible price in a few years time.

I have a Liverpool fan buddy, he said he made VVD work.

If we bring him in would it signal the end of Martial? Surely wouldn’t be happy to sit on the bench behind a youngster and it’ll be the fourth signing we’ve made to come in and play infront of him since signing him. (Ibra, Lukaku, Sanchez) being the first 3.

If we bring him in would it signal the end of Martial? Surely wouldn’t be happy to sit on the bench behind a youngster and it’ll be the fourth signing we’ve made to come in and play infront of him since signing him. (Ibra, Lukaku, Sanchez) being the first 3.

I don’t think it would be the end of Martial. Another striker is required plus Ibrahimovic, Lukaku and Sanchez were all Mourinho signings, who didn’t rate Martial.

Could we see two strikers, bit like Yorke and Cole, with Martial being the deeper of the two strikers?

I just said on the other, is he any better than Greenwood?

If we go for a striker we need a proven one like Kane. Obs we won't get him, but someone like him. Lewandowski. Proven.

But lets give Greenwood more chances.

Not sure it would be the end but it would certainly be the wake up call he needs you have to be prepared to fight off challengers for your shirt at Utd. You don't belong as the number 9 at a Utd if you cry every time the club signs a new player in your position you make sure that your performances mean you get picked ahead of him.

If we sign this lad there should be no guarantee he goes straight in the team either he's got to take that shirt of Martial but the two of them need to push each other to be better knowing that if they don't perform they might not play.

Just look at Aguero at City no doubt he's upped his game since Jesus came in because he knows he can't have days off he needs to be at his best in every game and work his socks off otherwise he'll be dropped.

Few reporting it as a done deal for January.

Asked what he has said to Haaland, Solskjaer said: "He knows what he wants to do and knows what he is going to do."

Hmm interesting.

Could mean anything really, could stay at Salzburg, could go to Leipzig - who knows!

Solskjaer's comments would suggest the club is contact with Haaland. For me, the comments are positive.

I haven't seen that, but I don't think he'll come to united, Raiola again isn't it?

I think Raiola is being employed as a consultant and isn’t his agent?

ah ok, then maybe.

I have just been reading it's been agreed! but we have to loan him back this season

Pretty sure he is the agent but the whole consultant thing is because he was banned for 3 months by FIFA.... this ban has now been served.

It did seem strange that he was signing a shirt but footballers do this stuff all the time.

Apparently Raiola is a stumbling block as he feels the player should move to a smaller club first to help with his development my guess is the true reason is Raiola wants to make sure this kid has more than 1 move so he can cream off another huge commission.

On paper given what we are doing right now Utd is the perfect home for Haaland if he is actually ready to play at the top level my concern is he is not.

I would be surprised if we signed him to be loaned back.

It might have to be one of those things the club accepts to get a deal done.

My guess is Salzburg won't be bothered as I assume they're miles clear in the league already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back