Status
Not open for further replies.
Think the first goal there are three major faults.

1) no one marking the player. In the centre of the pitch a throw in should never get there if you are organised and switched on.
2) Matic trying to get to the ball to intercept and missing he clearly misjudged it and was then out of position.
3) Young allowing Kennedy backs inside you have to force him wide you can’t let him back inside that easily.

I’m Smallings biggest critic and he was to blame for nothing today.

Premier League: Manchester United 4-1 Bournemouth - 30th December 2018

I’ve not had a chance to see a replay. The red card deserved?

I didn't think it was a red card offence but he probably deserved it just for being dumb. You have to be much smarter than that, stay on your feet.

I don’t think it was a red card, it was more a little reckless than dangerous, but in this day and age when you go in like that you’re asking to be sent off. Shame because before that he had a decent game with his block from King’s shot the highlight.

I thought it was a red, wouldn’t have been a few years ago

I think it was a red, should have given away a pen and been sent off for that high foot and was lucky to avoid a yellow when he steamed through King early on by the touch line.

He’s a bit of a liability feels the raw materials are there but he needs someone to calm him down goes to ground way to quickly and that red card was such a stupid mistake.

With Lindelof settling in you wonder if the club will persist with him or look to sell to recover some cash as this summer it will be 2 years left on his contract.

Premier League: Leicester City 0-1 Manchester United - 3rd February 2019

Much better today, got better as game went on, more like his first season performances. I think we have to stick with him now and give him a run which will hopefully help iron out his flaws and boost his confidence.

Yeah, he was better. I do think his inability to compete in the air will prevent him from being a top class centre back. Leicester won a number of aerial duels.

I wasn't that impressed by him looked nervy very little about his game is calm and collected it always seems like panic stations with him around just like Phil Jones.

I think they need to keep him in the team but I think once Smalling is back he'll be back in at first choice with Lindelöf.

Really not sure what will happen with Bailly long term he needs a new contract this summer as he'll be 3 years into a 5 year deal but he needs to stay fit and keep playing.

Anyone else think his days are looking numbered?

Jones & Smalling getting new deals mean if anyone is going it's Bailly.

He's next in line for a contract extension as he's into season 3 of 5 if there's a market for him I can see him going as I just don't see him being a partner for Lindelöf who has established himself as the number 1 and the injuries are a problem.

I know a lot of people like him but I just don't see a top quality defender in him he looks to me like he'll be the sort of guy who stays at this level for his entire career he spreads panic into the team like the chuckle brothers do rather than bring calmness which the top defenders do.

Champions League: Manchester United 0-2 PSG - 12th February 2019

Should he have done better for the second goal?

Champions League: Manchester United 0-2 PSG - 12th February 2019

Should he have done better for the second goal?

Yes at this level you switch off for one second and it’s game over Bailly let the striker make up a massive distance on him.

Compare that to the other end PSG didn’t let a single ball past the front post all night.

There is something there with Bailly but he needs coaching I think he moved up to quickly like Memphis he needed that stepping stone between Villarreal and Utd where he could iron out the kinks in his game.

A top centre back exudes calm and spreads it through the team this guy has everyone on edge as you don’t know what he’s going to do.

I think Utd probably need to put him in with Lindelof for the rest of the season to try and improve his flaws but his performances don’t demand that. Jones & Smalling have both been better this season alongside Lindelof who has established himself as the number 1.

The way it’s going if Utd can get a top centre back in I’d let Bailly go along with Rojo to pay for it.

Played out of position and the whole right side was a disaster first 30 but the goal had nothing to do with him playing out right, just pure poor defending, it's nothing new from him to be honest, like his style but there are some pretty big flaws to iron out.

Assuming Rojo is going. Bailly is the next at risk if we're to bring someone in. A loan might be better at first, having spent £30m on him.

He's done nothing for me so far, I think he'd be second on my list of departing CB's.

If we get a new one, him and Rojo to go.

Got 2 years left on his deal at the end of the season so it's probably time to sell him in the summer if we don't think he can improve.

The only way you can loan him is if you give him a new deal before he goes on loan.

Honestly anything can happen with this guy, there is no middle of the road performance. Before he was injured he went flying into a tackle that was reckless even though it worked. He is still very raw and naive. Do we think he has a future here?

No I don't tbh. He is just as reckless as he was the day we bought him. His positional play isn't good either.

He's always injured move him on.

The potential is there but this isn't the place for it to be developed there's not enough senior players around him to carry him when he needs carrying and help him along.

Given the contracts that have already been signed up for me it's Bailly and Rojo who need to move on this summer.

I imagine Rojo is definitely gone. Depending on that injury yesterday it may prove impossible to move on Bailly.

Might have to be another season with 5 CB's then as one has to come in.

Bailly's had some bad breaks with injury but we can't keep waiting around needs to be moved on problem will be finding a buyer who's prepared to pay a decent fee and take on his wages.

Out for the season so don’t think we are getting rid this summer. Rojo will surely go and I hope Jones but we may be stuck with him until the end of time.

Out for the season so don’t think we are getting rid this summer. Rojo will surely go and I hope Jones but we may be stuck with him until the end of time.

Out for the season sounds so dramatic when there's 2 weeks left haha!

He's also been ruled out of the ACoN this summer so sounds pretty serious.

My guess is they'll look to sell Rojo and possibly do a loan with option to buy thing with Bailly teams sign players with injuries all the time probably just means the chances of getting anywhere near what we paid are over.

Jones/Smalling are going nowhere those new deals have locked them down for at least 2 more years probably longer as the money they're on will

Bailly has been such a disappointment reminds me so much of Jones loads of potential at a young age but injury just means he doesn't develop he's been at the club 3 years now and he's still basically the player who arrived.

It's time to cut the loses with Bailly and move him on even if he went out on loan he needs to be playing football somewhere else next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back