Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Mourinho went with Smalling and Bailly because of the physicality of Watford's strikers.

Bailly and Blind have looked good, but they weren't properly tested prior to City.

It's the sort of thing he has done in the past and has worked with other clubs. As I have been writing these posts I start to agree with Jason and rich that there is something fundamentally wrong at the club.

I think Mourinho went with Smalling and Bailly because of the physicality of Watford's strikers.

Bailly and Blind have looked good, but they weren't properly tested prior to City.

True they weren't... And from that point of view I can get it... But they haven't played together until Thursday night and it was a risk that didn't pay off.

I know that and don't disagree with reasoning. Just think if Blind wasn't going to play today, he should have started the other night against Feyenoord with Smalling and Bailly should have been rested. New to the league, young, looked to have picked up a few knocks in previous games, deserved a break. Obviously those on the inside know more about his condition but think he should have been rested the other night and would have helped him play better maybe today.

Europa League: Zorya Luhansk 0-2 Manchester United - 8th December 2016

Impressive on his return.

He looked a bit rusty as he should after the layoff. Let's hope he returns to his level soon.

Premier League: Manchester United 2-0 Watford - 11th February 2017

From Squawka:

100% aerial duels won
9 clearances
5 tackles won
2 take-ons completed
1 interception

Missed the game but glad he's back, gonna be a United great.

Europa League: Manchester United 3-0 St Etienne - 16th February 2017

He was poor in the first half. There is a degree of rawness to his game. His positional awareness is an area that requires improvement; he can be guilty of letting attackers drift off him. 22 and all that though.

Yeah I'd go with that. And he does have a tendency to dive right in to a tackle which is great when he pulls it off (which thankfully most of the time he does) but there's always a risk that if he's a second too late he's either going to get a red card or the player is going to get away from us and get right at a now exposed back line. But he's young and he's still learning and what a talent he is. I don't think he was helped by Smalling who I thought was OK but played a bit like Bambi on ice at times.

Europa League: St. Etienne 0-1 Manchester United - 22nd February 2017

Very harsh second yellow card.

I thought he was pretty poor again tonight. That said fouls on Carrick and smalling were worse than either of his bookings and went unpunished.

I thought overall he looked pretty good. I like that he's competitive and physical. And if it wasn't for the ridiculous behavior of players going to ground so easily and referees basically stamping out any kind of contact then he wouldn't have been sent off tonight. I know you can argue that that's the way Football is and Bailly needs to recognise that but it's pathetic. Football is a contact sport, Bailly is a physical player.

And I'm not saying the player involved tonight in that second booking is diving or feigning injury. What I'm saying is that it's such a big problem in football that referees are giving away fouls and yellows so easily. And for me it's killing the game.

Premier League: Manchester United 2-0 Chelsea - 16th April 2017

His best performance for a while.

He was ace vs Everton as well I think him and Rojo are looking like a good double act.

At times it can be total madness but embrace it and it can work

Thought he was absolutely incredible today. Made key tackles, won aerial battles, was good on the ball and stayed calm and composed for the most part. Definitely the best performance I've seen from him.

Has the potential to be one of the best we've seen at the club.

Struggling to think of who he reminds me of as I don't think we've had CB as good an athlete as him he kind of reminds me of Sakho must be a nightmare to play against him and he's actually quite good with the ball BUT he's clearly got mistakes in him hopefully the coaches can iron those mistakes out

Struggling to think of who he reminds me of as I don't think we've had CB as good an athlete as him he kind of reminds me of Sakho must be a nightmare to play against him and he's actually quite good with the ball BUT he's clearly got mistakes in him hopefully the coaches can iron those mistakes out

Sakho? Oh no no no he is much much better as a defender but yeah I guess in terms of being such a good athlete I can kind of see that. But yeah he has a mistake on him but he is still young so I'm hoping that'll come with experience.

Sakho? Oh no no no he is much much better as a defender but yeah I guess in terms of being such a good athlete I can kind of see that. But yeah he has a mistake on him but he is still young so I'm hoping that'll come with experience.

Sakho is a really really good defender he just looks awkward which is what I see in Bailly it's legs everywhere but it's effective. Sakho problem at Liverpool was he'd have moments where he'd switch off then he'd do something rash to try and recover I think Bailly has that in him as well most modern defenders do you get very few cool customers like Ferdinand Who read everything you do before you even know you're going to do it.

In games where he's constantly involved Sakho a fantastic defender and I think very under rated on the ball he'd be a Liverpool starter if it wasn't for him falling out with Klopp. In 6 games at Palace since he joined I think they've let in 4 goals before that they were shipping 3-4 a game

It's hard to compare him to anyone though as not sure we've had a defender like him before

Would be nice if he could become a set piece threat as well need our CBs to start chipping in with a few goals especially with the number of corners/attacking set pieces we get

Future captain I would say, his quality at 23 is very impressive and he hasn't even reached his full potential. By the time he hits 26/27 I think he'll be regarded as one of the, if not the best in the world. His potential is that great.

He has the odd shaky moment but who doesn't as a centre back? If he does make an error, he has the pace to make up for it, a lot like Rio. If he wants to stay I think he can be our defensive lynchpin for the next 10 years.

Premier League: Burnley 0-2 Manchester United - 23rd April 2017

I thought he was our best player.

Outstanding. Him and Pogba unbelievable when you consider they were the only 2 in the starting lineup to play 120 minutes the other night aswell.

Premier League: Manchester City 0-0 Manchester United - 27th April 2017

He was great again tonight - the more games he gets under his belt and knock wood no injuries he'll be fantastic for us.

Was immense tonight. He seems rash at times but has great potential. He can go on to be one of united greats imo.

Bloody fantastic. Had a setback with injury but is now playing even better. Good pre-season and an injury free season will see him emerge as one of best in league, partner required for him though.

He was fantastic tonight. One of the players who can walk away with his head held high.

Great performance think Blind did well as well both were very good at stepping in front and taking balls before they got to the strikers which was very brace against players of this quality.

Please Please Please don't get injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back