Community Shield 1

Red Cards
Total 0
Premier League 0
FA Cup 0
League Cup 0
Europa League 0​

Friendly: Wigan Athletic 0-2 Manchester United - 16th July 2016

Limited threat from Wigan but they were met by this man when they did come forward. Quick, agile, strong. Bit of class on the ball in the first half where he showed he's more Cantona than Djemba-Djemba on the Eric scale. And loved the moment when he brought the ball forward and shouted at Fosu-Mensah for not making a run down the right, showed a bit of leadership there and showed he's not frightened to shout at his team mates despite being new and having limited English.

Was never really going to be tested today although Wigan aren't a bad team and we didn't field a full strength team. But from what I've read he handled everything well and looked really good on the ball? I read at one point he flicked the ball over a players head and then floated a ball to Herrera out wide? That's impressive!

Was never really going to be tested today although Wigan aren't a bad team and we didn't field a full strength team. But from what I've read he handled everything well and looked really good on the ball? I read at one point he flicked the ball over a players head and then floated a ball to Herrera out wide? That's impressive!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wayne Rooney Testimonial: Manchester United 0-0 Everton

Probably one of the players I most impressed with tonight. Despite being new and unable to speak much English, was shouting at team mates and leading. Looks well suited to the league.

That's encouraging that he looked good and looks like he's settling in nicely. I've actually read good things about him in every game he's played so that's good.

Looks a beast. I think with Smalling we will have a decent partnership at the back.

Whoever done the ratings for the MEN said he was poor. Not sure what they were watching.

Community Shield: Leicester City 1-2 Manchester United - 7th August 2016

Did well.

I think he will occasionally be guilty of being a bit rash during the season. Only 22 and still learning though.

He had a good game. Free kicks against him were poor I thought. Totally out muscled vardy. Same tackles later on got waved away.

Yeah good game. I think he can be a bit rash at times but cool and confident on the ball, strong and quick winning the ball.

I think he just wanted to show everyone that he can handle the physical side of the game.

A lot of the concerns about players coming in to the league is about the physical nature and I think he just wanted to prove that he could handle it. Nobody was going to out muscle him that was evident.

Thought he was really good again today. Like Stam at the start of his United career at Wembley v Arsenal, felt the commentators wanted him to fail today but unlike Stam who got a bit of a tuning off Anelka that day, Bailly proved them wrong and he got the man of the match award.

Love a physical defender, was determined to win every ball, left his mark on Vardy a few times. Attackers won't enjoy playing against him and Smalling (who many strikers say is a nightmare to play against). Hopefully we can get them both playing together on a consistent basis. Think it says a lot about the other options that Mourinho favours Blind over them because despite being one of our better players last season is not the type of CB Mourinho prefers to have.

Thought he was really good again today. Like Stam at the start of his United career at Wembley v Arsenal, felt the commentators wanted him to fail today but unlike Stam who got a bit of a tuning off Anelka that day, Bailly proved them wrong and he got the man of the match award.

Love a physical defender, was determined to win every ball, left his mark on Vardy a few times. Attackers won't enjoy playing against him and Smalling (who many strikers say is a nightmare to play against). Hopefully we can get them both playing together on a consistent basis. Think it says a lot about the other options that Mourinho favours Blind over them because despite being one of our better players last season is not the type of CB Mourinho prefers to have.

Yeah he was superb today and strikers will not want to play against him. They'll know they have been in a game afterwards that's for sure! What also really impressed me was his composure on the ball. He was happy to keep it simple but at times he would inject some pace and bring the ball away... But always defending came first.

My only thing with the Smalling partnership and I appreciate its a small thing... But who would play LCB? Because neither is really left footed. And I appreciate that's not an issue like LVG made out but who do you move over to the left side.

It does say a lot of our options that Blind seems to be the back up... But that's right to me because he's a good player who can absolutely do a job as and when required. Especially against someone as big and quick as Bailly.

Blind more than capable when opposition plays deep though like most do, like having an extra midfielder. Think Mourinho will prefer having a commanding CB partnership most of the time though.

Premier League: AFC Bournemouth 1-3 Manchester United - 14th August 2016

Awarded man of the match again. I think calling him a prospect might be doing him a disservice. Looks the part already. Bossing it at the moment.

He's come up against players with pace and who get about you... And he's been superb.

The next test will be up against a big strong striker who will back in to him rather than look to run away from him.

You can't ask for more than two man of the match performances in his first two appearances.

No you really can't and each one has been fully deserved.

Many thought he'd struggle against the pace and tenacity of Vardy but he didn't. Some thought he'd then struggle with the pace of the Bournemouth attacking players but again he didn't.

In a game where we scored 3 and conceded 1 it says a lot that he still won MOTM. It just goes to show that 1) defensively he's very solid and 2) he contributes to the team when we are in possession.

He's very assured and composed on the ball. He has the ability to bring the ball in to midfield and pick out passes.

I don't think I can actually really explain just how impressed I have been with him! He's been awesome and if he's still a work in progress then my god we have one hell of a player on our hands.

He certainly won't hide away from the physicality of the Premier league!

He is an absolute physical beast and he is still a young man that will only get better. Obviously it's only been a couple of games but he looks our most physical defender since Vidic. I really like him and Blind together, Smalling can be a little flakey at times but Bailly looks like he will take no nonsense. Promising signs.

Mourinho: "He is a young boy playing in a completely different competition with a different club, but despite all the pressure and expectation that comes with playing for United, he plays against Leicester at Wembley and is comfortable, leading and communicative."

Premier League: Manchester United 2-0 Southampton - 19th August 2016

93.3% pass accuracy
9 clearances
4 interceptions

Love him. Not seen enough of Mkhi yet but all 4 signings look to have brought a lot to the team - technically, mentally and physically all very strong.

Premier League: Manchester United 2-0 Southampton - 19th August 2016

93.3% pass accuracy
9 clearances
4 interceptions

Wow that's incredible stats! And to think it was probably his "weakest" performance for us because he made a couple of little mistakes. Appreciate that's nit picking but so far he's been almost faultless.

Cue to big mistake in the next game. Sorry guys!

Premier League: Hull City 0-1 Manchester United - 27th August 2016

100% aerial duels
4 tackles
3 interceptions
2 clearances

What a player we have on our hands here. Don't think anyone expected this level so soon. Only 22 and not yet played 100 first team games but looks a leader, recall a moment when he took the ball off Valencia's toes and went up the right wing. Always on the front foot.

It's the way he wins the ball back so quickly. He jumps in and nicks the ball away... But he will need to be a little bit careful there because against clever quick players he could be caught out. But what a player we have!!!

Premier League: Watford 3-1 Manchester United - 18th September 2016

He was poor today.

Yeah he was. Between him and Fellaini they made a right hash of that penalty! That just capped off our day really.

I was surprised not to see Blind. If Blind wasn't going to play today, he should have played ahead of Bailly the other night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back