England vs USA ~ The Rooney Game

jsp

Callum Wilson: Hunger took me from non-league to England squad

Not really related but great to see Callum Wilson get a call up had some horrible luck with injuries.

Think he gives us a good alternative to Kane up top with Vardy retired and Welbeck out with long term injury we do need another striker to call upon even to play from the start when Kane needs a rest in a friendly or maybe even someone to play alongside Kane.

Southgate seem to be transitioning the team from a 3-5-2 to a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 system ahead of Euro 2020 I do think the 4-3-3 was a bit to safe and didn't really suit the players we have.

The problem with the 4-2-3-1 is the lack of a midfield playmaker to play in the 2 so I think it makes sense to stick with the 3 and use players like Alli, Lingard, Loftus-Cheek, Barkley either side of Dier/Henderson who play the central role. I prefer Henderson in this role he's not perfect but I think he's the best at it.

This game is a good chance to give a few of the new boys a start and maybe work on something for Croatia on Sunday the Rooney thing will be a bit of a sideshow would be nice if he got a goal.