England vs Kosovo

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Haven't seen a leaked team yet but according to reports Sancho, Chilwell and Alexander-Arnold are all expected to start with Rashford, Rose & Trippier dropping to the bench.

Kosovo seem to be a highly rated team have picked up 8 points from 4 games so far but should be another routine England win.

If they avoid defeat they'll be unbeaten in a qualification game for 10 years.

Good to see the England team out on the road as well playing in Southampton which will be great for some fans who can't afford trips to Wembley.

I'd like to see Maddison or Mount given a start but Southgate seems to like this 4-3-3 formation and neither of them really fit into it as both play as number 10's off the striker in club football but if England can get a decent lead it would be nice for Maddison to get a debut even if it was from one of the wide positions in the front 3.

0-1 Kosovo after 40 seconds

Barkley plays a bad pass under pressure Keane tries a blind pass to Maguire easily cut out by the waiting striker who sets up an easy finish.

Plenty of time to recover but won’t have done Keane any favours long term he’s got a chance of displacing Stones but he hasn’t looked like he belongs at this level if Gomez gets back in the Liverpool team I think he’ll start the next games.

Pickford

TAA Keane Maguire Chilwell

Henderson Rice Barkley

Sancho Kane Sterling

2-1 quick turn around

Sterling with a close range header then Kane smashes one through the keeper after great work by Sterling.

Those 2 getting a great understanding going England have 2 genuine world class attackers in their prime. In the team at the moment.

5-1 at half time

Own goal followed by 2 for Sancho his first goals for the senior team.

Kosovo basically doing what no team ever does vs England gives us space and time on the ball fair play for having a go but they’ve been ripped apart.

I think he's doing a great job

Smashed World Cup qualification
World Cup semi final
Won our Nations League group and came 3rd
Smashing our way through qualification

He's been flexible with the tactics playing a 3-5-2 system at the world cup which suited the fact that at the time we didn't really have quality wingers now that we do he's moved to a 4-3-3.

What he does do is give people a bit of time in the team he's not to reactionary he's given Keane and Barkley a good run of games I don't think either have really nailed down a spot so it might be in the next round he'll change that balance. With Stones and Alli being fit those decisions might take care of themselves.

I don't think anyone is suggesting he gets a top club job off the back of it but this is the most enjoyable period supporting England since the late 90's.

Smashed World Cup qualification
World Cup semi final
Won our Nations League group and came 3rd
Smashing our way through qualification
We should be smashing cup qualification with the players we have and the teams we play.

World cup semi final by beating... Precisely zero good teams.

Came 3rd? Oh congrats England you finished 3rd.

Smashing our way through qualification when Kosovo look the second best team in our group.

We should be smashing cup qualification with the players we have and the teams we play.

World cup semi final by beating... Precisely zero good teams.

Came 3rd? Oh congrats England you finished 3rd.

Smashing our way through qualification when Kosovo look the second best team in our group.

Sweden and Columbia are decent enough teams you can only beat what’s put in front of you.

Well to finish 3rd we won a group that had Spain and Croatia in it.

Got to remember when he took over we’d just been beaten by Iceland and everyone hated the national team now we’re doing well, scoring loads of goals, he’s getting the best out of the talented players and everyone is behind the team again.

Sweden and Columbia are decent enough teams you can only beat what’s put in front of you.
They are only decent teams because we want to make them decent teams to make us think beating them is more of an achievement. Top nations wouldn't think the same.

They are only decent teams because we want to make them decent teams to make us think beating them is more of an achievement. Top nations wouldn't think the same.
That doesn’t really make much sense to be honest. Most International teams are decent, they’ve all got players that can hurt the opposition. I don’t think even Brazil, Spain or whoever go into a game thinking this will be a walk in the park - against teams like San Marino but not teams like Sweden, Colombia etc.

I don’t buy into the fact Southgate is overrated, barring our front line we still have a less than impressive midfield and our defence has only recently started to look okay but still has its flaws. I think he’s doing a great job to be honest and I hate the old adage oh ‘Oh we only got the semi’s because we didn’t play anyone good’ - we didn’t choose who we play and like jsp said we can only beat what’s in front of us.

don’t buy into the fact Southgate is overrated, barring our front line we still have a less than impressive midfield and our defence has only recently started to look okay but still has its flaws. I think he’s doing a great job to be honest and I hate the old adage oh ‘Oh we only got the semi’s because we didn’t play anyone good’ - we didn’t choose who we play and like jsp said we can only beat what’s in front of us
The point is we didn't beat anybody good to get to the semis. No we don't choose who we play but had we of faced somebody good we very likely would have lost and gone out earlier. We got fortunate because we didn't win our group that's the reality.

In last 12 months we’ve beaten Spain away, drew away to Croatia and beat Croatia at Wembley.

We beat Netherlands in a friendly before the World Cup and drew away to Italy.

We aren’t perfect far from it still think we are behind the likes of France but we are easily top 10 in the world and there’s still plenty of talent to come through could do with a world class centre back one of them emerging would give this side a real chance.

In last 12 months we’ve beaten Spain away, drew away to Croatia and beat Croatia at Wembley.

We beat Netherlands in a
And let's see what good that does them next year at the Euros. If Gareth takes us far again then fair play. I don't think he's a bad manager for the record. I just think he's a tad overrated.

And let's see what good that does them next year at the Euros. If Gareth takes us far again then fair play. I don't think he's a bad manager for the record. I just think he's a tad overrated.

Who’s suggesting he’s world class? I’ve literally heard this from no one ever.

Everyone agrees he’s doing a great job but not heard anyone saying he’s good enough to take over at the top clubs.

I think realistic target for England is 1/4 finals but the hurdle still remains can we knock out a big boy in a knockout game? Southgate hasn’t done that yet but he hasn’t really had the chance.

Should be some great sides at the euros France, Portugal, Holland, Belgium all look great Italy starting to look strong again and Germany struggling to find that balance between old guard and new blood. Spain aren’t the side they were but still dangerous then there’s England.

Big thing for England could be do they just put Foden in the squad even though he’s struggling to get games at City he’s an unreal talent.

Who’s suggesting he’s world class? I’ve literally heard this from no one ever.

Everyone agrees he’s doing a great job but not heard anyone saying he’s good enough to take over at the top clubs.
I didn't say world class...

I've heard people talk about him for United. Then again are we a top team now.

I don’t think people overrate Southgate at all, I think we all just have respect and recognition for what he has done for England so far. He’s given chance to youth like maybe other managers wouldn’t. I don’t think anyone will describe him as world class until he comes out of the International game and has success at club level.

Think we just have to ride the wave of relative success. I think a Euro semi final and doing so well in the Nations League is a damn good step up from previous years under different coaches.

I also think people are just happy to have a national team without the Star players and a team we can enjoy watching and getting behind.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back