England v Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

Lambert is named in England squad - BBC Sport

Goalkeepers: Ben Foster, Joe Hart, John Ruddy

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Phil Jagielka, Glen Johnson, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Kyle Walker

Midfielders: Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverley, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Jack Wilshere, James Milner, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Theo Walcott, Ashley Young, Wilfried Zaha,

Strikers: Jermain Defoe, Rickie Lambert, Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck

The only interest I have in this game, is that OUR players come back without injury

Still cant believe we play an international game 3 days before the start of the season ?????

Is that 8 players we have in? Unlike the other big clubs we are still trying to help England out by playing their best players at the highest level. Need more English players playing in the CL.

Carrick has withdrawn from the England squad to face Scotland, due to an eye infection.

Scotland: McGregor; Hutton, Hanley, Martin, Whittaker, Snodgrass, Brown, Morrison, Forrest, Maloney, Miller.

England: Hart; Walker, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines; Gerrard, Cleverley, Wilshere; Walcott, Rooney, Welbeck.
Subs: Johnson, Foster, Cole, Jones, Smalling, Milner, Lampard, Defoe, Lambert, Chamberlain, Zaha, Ruddy.

Scotland's National Anthem was sung with gusto. Good to see Denis smiling.

Walcott did his best to mess up the opportunity. Brilliant pass from Cleverley.

Carrick would be far better than Gerrard behind Wilshere and Cleverly. I though Walcott was going to mess his goal up.

Carrick would be far better than Gerrard behind Wilshere and Cleverly. I though Walcott was going to mess his goal up.

I agree. I think Carrick-Wilshere should be first choice with either Gerrard or Cleverley as the third midfielder.

What was Grant Hanley doing? Idiot, can't stand looking at his face.

Jones on for Jagielka. I think he has a great chance to be first choice centre back at Brazil if England qualify and he has a run of games there for United.

Bit of a fairytale night for Lambert...

Good to see Welbeck score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back