England Squad for Germany and Brazil Friendlies

I think that if RLC could add that to his game he’d be on that plane to Russia so his got himself a massive target for the season.

The biggest point in all this is that there’s a massive gap from now until Southgate has to pick a side again. So we’ve got plenty of time and a transfer window for players to play themselves in and out of form and even move around to other clubs. What’s with those next matches as well by the way Holland and Italy? They aren’t even going to the World Cup!

I think that if RLC could add that to his game he’d be on that plane to Russia so his got himself a massive target for the season.

The biggest point in all this is that there’s a massive gap from now until Southgate has to pick a side again. So we’ve got plenty of time and a transfer window for players to play themselves in and out of form and even move around to other clubs. What’s with those next matches as well by the way Holland and Italy? They aren’t even going to the World Cup!

I think he could but he seems a bit to relaxed for that sort of hussle and bustle you get in a midfield, putting him further back starts feeling back into Gerrard & Lampard trap where you try and pick the best 11 players not the best 11 players for the system you want to play.

O yeah if Wanyama & Dembele get fit then Winks might struggle to get games at Spurs, there can be all sorts of injuries that play people in and out of squads. I thought Smalling was really unlucky to be dropped for these squads as he's probably had his best run of form at Utd in the last 2 years over the last few months but others like Keane, Maguire, Gomez probably deserve a chance to step up Smalling, Jagielka & Cahill have all been there before and failed.

I think they're good practise games because they will be teams who look to go toe to toe with us rather than just sit and defend although we do need a system for beating sides who do this in case we get a few weak(ish) sides who play that way in the group stage. That sort of game normally requires more of a 4-2-3-1 system where you have wide players who can pull defenders out and create gaps. Wide areas is definitely an area where we are currently weak although Rashford & Sterling are doing well at club level in these positions, but that system really needs 1 of the 2 midfield players to be a playmaker who can get the ball forward quickly which is why I think Winks could be a real find.

What I'd really like to see is an England squad that is flexible and a manager who's not afraid to use different systems and players depending on the opponent and Southgate doesn't look like he's going to be bullied into picking players based on reputation.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back