England Squad Announced ~ Sancho, Mount & Maddison in

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Goalkeepers
Marcus Bettinelli (Fulham), Jack Butland (Stoke City), Alex McCarthy (Southampton), Jordan Pickford (Everton)

Defenders
Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Joe Gomez (Liverpool), Harry Maguire (Leicester City), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), James Tarkowski (Burnley), Kieran Trippier (Tottenham Hotspur), Kyle Walker (Manchester City)

Midfielders
Ross Barkley (Chelsea), Nathaniel Chalobah (Watford), Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Mason Mount (on loan at Derby County from Chelsea), Harry Winks (Tottenham Hotspur)

Forwards
Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), James Maddison (Leicester City), Marcus Rashford, (Manchester United), Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Danny Welbeck (Arsenal)

Can't really argue with that squad surprised Chalobah is in as I didn't realise he was fit again but I know Southgate worked with him in U21's and we don't have a lot of choice in midfield. Again Barkley gets a chance with Lingard/Alli/Delph injured, Loftus-Cheek not playing we are short of options in central midfield.

I tell you what... I'm not a fan of international football, only during major competitions... But man that's a young exciting team and I'm pleased. And I do think Southgate is doing a really good job.

Think he’s just bringing him in to look at him in training as I don’t think he rates his back ups.

Tarkowski & Shaw pull out through injury

Dunk & Chilwell called up as replacements.

It’s an exciting squad and players like Sancho, Maddison and Mount have really good technical ability and that is probably what our team lacks the most. Most of our midfielders that went to the WC were grafters but not a lot of technicality to their game.

I like the way Southgate is going with his selections. Obviously we were limited with all the injuries in the midfield but he could have easily brought in experience but instead he’s opted for a bit of youth.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back