England’s Nations League Finals squad

SuperRash

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Think there are a few guys who are very lucky to get in there, thinking of Trippier, Lingard and Delph. I guess if it wasn’t for the Euro 21’s Championship guys like Maddison and Wan-Bissaka would have been close.

Also Shaw left out, he’s got to really fight to get back in that England squad because at the moment his average attacking play is putting him behind guys like Chilwell and Rose.

I am seriously struggling to understand how delph gets in there. Not sure he was good enough at his best but he is always injured and can't hold down any position at city. I know they have a strong squad but still?

I am seriously struggling to understand how delph gets in there. Not sure he was good enough at his best but he is always injured and can't hold down any position at city. I know they have a strong squad but still?
I don’t know what it is about Delph either. I guess the lack of options is a big factor in this. I suppose in time guys like Maddison and Foden will push for places but right now this is the best of the bunch.

Hasn't really let Southgate down is my guess he's loyal to his players you could say the same about Lingard hasn't scored in months and barely featured in our run in to the end of the season same with Barkley both benefit from Loftus-Cheek being injured and Southgate wanting Maddison to play in the U21 tournament. That's the same reason Wan Bissaka isn't in ahead of Trippier in my opinion.

England have a massive shortage of central midfield players so I can see why he's picked the tried and trusted Delph.

Says a lot about Utd that our player of the season Luke Shaw can't even get in the squad.

Quite looking forward to the tournament my guess is his current starting XI assuming all are fit is

Pickford

Alexander-Arnold Gomez Stones Chilwell

Henderson Rice Dele

Sancho Kane Sterling

I do say the same for lingard, he is lucky to be in the squad. Delph has averaged 14 games a season for city and I bet only a third of them are in midfield.

Trippier, Winks, Redmond and Ward Prowse miss out on the final 23.

Not really surprised to see these guys drop out but I think they all remain on standby in case there are injuries in the European finals this week.

Had a real stinker of a season might be world cup hangover like a lot of players suffered this season but based on last season I wouldn't be going anywhere near him that's why he's lost his place in the squad as he had the starting spot at the start of the season.

He's also looks more of a wing back than a full back but his quality in the final 3rd is impressive the worry is he is a liability defensively.

There are plenty of rumours that he's on his way out of Spurs few foreign clubs apparently showing interest but I can't see us going near him as Spurs will ask for silly money from another prem side.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back