Emile Heskey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Emile Heskey announces....

OptaJoe: 69 - Since 2006, England have won 69% of their competitive games with Emile Heskey playing, compared to 61% without him. Retirement

Despite this stat, i'm glad. Who will replace him in the squad for Hungary? Also, talking of the Hungary game, will Capello call up the big names for it, it seems that Fergie isn't contemplating Rooney for the Community Shield or the first home game, i'm sure Fergie would be outraged if Capello picked him. Also, what a stupid time of the season to have a friendly, what Shitty muppet came up with that idea.

think Agbonlahor could be a good choice for Hungary!

you are right a B-Side would be enough and a big chance to every one of these players to maybe start off well and show that the "new Enlgand" could be with them !

Jose Luis Chilavert - former Paraguay Goalkeeper - 74 Caps 8 Goals

Any more?

To be fair to Heskey though, he could have scored a lot more, the reason he didn't is because he is very unselfish, he could be 4 yards out and he'd still pass it to a player... even if that player was offside. Also, you can't deny the graft he put in. Funnily enough he was one of England's better players at the World Cup.

Looks like Gerrard and Lampard will have to hoof the ball to somebody else now....

I think he'll be more remembered for the Germany 5-1 game. There's even a chant with his name in. This World cup will be forgotten by August when England hammer Hungary... the papers will be up their arses again saying they're brilliant etc. "Fab Fab".

I'd like to see how much times he's assisted Rooney in scoring especially in the qualifying campaign for the World Cup.

I rate Gerrard a lot higher at international level than Lampard. I don't think either should retire yet, but I think Capello needs to start picking them only when they are on form, they have to earn their places and not get selected based on reputation, same goes with Rooney and the rest of the team, no one's position should be secure, players must earn their place, this would also get them to perform better when they do play. Gareth Barry is one I am talking of, he had an average season and was injured leading up to the World Cup, how did he deserve his place?

Its about time... I think England has a lot young lads to fit in. Agbonlahor should be 1st choice...

If Germany can do something special with their young lads why cant England??? And with Rooney being the captain it will be promising!

The thing is in Germany, they've got youngsters playing week in week out and there's a lot more focus in youth coaching. I've heard there's a coach every 10 or so young footballers in Germany, in England it;s something like 1 for 200 or something. That is where the FA need to sort themselves out. There are good young English footballers around but they're not going to walk into a Premier League starting place. Until caps are put in place this will stay the same. There should be something in place that you have to have at least a certain amount of English players in your starting line up or matchday squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back