220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
V
220px-Derby_County_crest.svg.png

Tuesday, 25th September 2018
EFL Cup
Old Trafford
20:00
BST

Got to assume we will see some rotation here.

Romero

Dalot Smalling Bailly Shaw

Herrera Matic Periera

Mata Sanchez Martial

Don’t think he can go to weak but a few players need a game and I think the guys who rushed back from the World Cup like Lukaku, Fellaini & Pogba deserve a break even if they have to go on the bench.

New format this season no extra time straight to penalties after 90 minutes.

Could a player like Chong or Gomes get themselves on the bench?

I would say why not regarding Gomes and Chong. Sometimes I don’t really get when people say oh they are too young. Yes they are still learning and raw but giving them a shot every now and again could be a master stroke. You do wonder whether we would have even seen Rashford at all if LVG hadn’t given him a shot because of the injury crisis at the time? This is the perfect opportunity to blood one or two.

I think the club need to progress they might need cup runs given the way the league is going so he can't take to many chances but would be nice to see one of them on the bench so if the game is wrapped up with 10 to go they could get some playing time.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very disappointed that Pereira isn’t even on the bench, there were no signals that he was injured!

Other than that pretty standard. No new youngsters on the bench which isn’t a huge surprise but disappointing none the less.

I must admit I am a bit disappointed. I would have liked to put out a strong team but with maybe one of the youngsters playing and a couple on the bench. I know things are a bit different these days so we have to take this competition more seriously but this is the competition the kids think they have a chance in.

Yeah really nice play from Martial, then a little touch from Lingard to Mata who produced a smart little finish.

We should be out of sight really after missing a few good chances but Derby haven’t played bad at all.

Someone ask Van Nistelrooy to come and do some one vs one sessions with this lot as it’s shocking.

Equaliser feels imminent.

Second half performances are woeful this season.

We just take our foot off the gas when we are 1-0 up. Derby are outplaying us ... Derby! Sheesh.

Haha it is quite funny. This team, and its a strong one in fairness, can't even beat Derby at home. I mean it's laughable because it's so pathetic.

The league Cup used to be too blood a few youngsters. Not under Jose. Its a snore fest every damn week.

:(

Derby deserve it 100%. Sad but they’ve outplayed us in the second half and looked the more technical of the two teams. Embarrassing.

#superfellaini

2-2. Scarcely deserved. Looks like it’s going to penalties.

Defo. All 15 pens and the body language looked good, I didn’t doubt any of them until that clown Jones stepped up. He looked like a kid in the playground who nobody picks, unconfident, terrible body language and an utter crap penalty followed. No surprise.

Another player who shouldn’t be at OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back